• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodacious

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Amarillo
    Anyone else here like to shoot 3Gun competitions? I went to one in Pueblo, Colorado at the most awesome private range I have seen in my life. I am rounding up all of the videos right now and will post them this weekend sometime.

Shooting in these things are a ton of fun. Figuring out the right technique, shooting fast at long and short ranges, and meeting all of the people who know so much about shooting is a lot of fun.

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    I watch it on tv and there is a local group here, but with my work schedule, I'd rarely get to make the events. When I retire I hope to get into it. That'll be another 7 yrs at least. It does look to be a lot of fun.

Innocent-Bystander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Sage and I want to do it near San Antonio/Austin, but ammo is too expensive. Until we get a reloading set up, or ammo drops in price, its going to be a while.

I'm kinda short on the shot gun side. All I got is a 870 riot

Bodacious

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Amarillo
    There are plenty of people using pump shotguns. The guy in my squad running an 870, Kimber 1911, and a XCR won first place in the Military Class at this match and left with a trophy and some cash.

I sometimes run my Mossberg 500 in the 3gun stuff and anyone in Heman or Heavymetal class has to run a pump shotgun.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    3-gun is by far my favorite type of shooting competition. Been shooting it seriously for about a year and have been doing pretty well. The LaRue match this year was the most fun of any match I've ever attended. Everyone should go try competition shooting. You'll learn a lot. Downside is there's a lot of equipment to keep track of and the cost.

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    3 Gun Shooting

I am retired myself and try to make various shoots. Havn't been to a 3-gun in a couple years. Might try to make the one at Tac Pro shooting center later this year. I guess as one gets older, the heat of summer becomes a pain. So far this year, I only go to the range about twice a month to test out builds and to maintain skills.:cool:

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    The range at Copperas Cove runs a match once per month. It is a cold range, so not as realistic as one would like, but is still a lot of fun. They also do IDPA and action pistol on different weekends.

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Never been there before, but Brazosland Pistoleros is having a 3gun match this Sunday, July 12. I will try to go if I can. By the thread in their forum, could be fun. Texastactical has a carbine match first Saturdays, near Bulverde. It as at a Texastactical carbine match I found out just how hot an AR can get during summer, after a mag or so was fired; even my carbon fiber handguard was too hot to hold.

It is a cold range, so not as realistic as one would like
    The Copperas matches are conservative, beyond "cold range", for instance, as regards to moving while shooting. That said, every match I have been to only allows hot long guns for the active shooter; the Cove is not unique there.

Lee

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    I am not aware specifically of Houston; maybe someone will chime in. I do know a carload drove from Beaumont to the Brazosland match in Bryan.

If no one else chimes in, check out: Texas Ranges with Practical Pistol Matches. Look out as far as you want to drive, and check out their schedules for carbine or 3gun matches. WHIDPA shows 3gun, for instance, but I have never been. Always contact a club to be sure a match is on.

Lee

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...183122,-98.745117&spn=10.891475,11.052246&z=6

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    ALSPPC is planning some kind of long gun match at ARC every month. Still not sure of the schedule. And, if Texas Tactical also moves to ARC, he does a carbine match and sometimes shotgun as well.

Lee

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I want to try this. Are there any places in Houston that do it?
    Sorry I didn't catch this before. There is a match this Saturday just west of town.
    [url]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/houston/8137-whidpa-3-gun-satuday-8-8-09-impact-zone.html[/URL]

More info at
    [url]http://www.whidpa.com[/URL]

This match is held every 2nd Saturday of the month and is the only monthly match in the area. There are several USPSA clubs that have matches 1-2 times a year in Brazoria, Bryan, Orange, and Pearland. The one in Pearland is next up in October. Info on those matches can be found at:
    [url]http://www.texassouthsection.com[/URL]

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom