• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Target (and some Walmarts) are bad about splitting the regulation 30.06/30.07 signs or even partially covering them so they are unintelligible. You are unable to determine if they are 30.06 or 30.07. The managers will apologize but never rectify the situation. I will ask about their policy but if they will not correct the situation, I inform them that I (and the rest of my family) choose to shop somewhere safer.

It's not safe because the signs are covered up?

And, welcome to the Forum.
    Military Camp

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I have seen them posted such that you could not possibly see them until leaving. Duh...

That happened to me at Gatti land recently.

As far as the OP is concerned. Concealed means concealed. If no one sees it then it doesn’t exist. 51% signs are completely different. I tend to look thoroughly in establishments that serve alcohol. I rarely if ever drink in public and don’t carry when I’m in one. I will say that after the incident at Thousand Oaks I must admit that I have considered carrying when I am in one or just don’t go at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Target (and some Walmarts) are bad about splitting the regulation 30.06/30.07 signs or even partially covering them so they are unintelligible. You are unable to determine if they are 30.06 or 30.07. The managers will apologize but never rectify the situation. I will ask about their policy but if they will not correct the situation, I inform them that I (and the rest of my family) choose to shop somewhere safer.

I’ve never seen a Target or Walmart with a 30.06/30.07 sign. Where are they posting them?

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I’ve never seen a Target or Walmart with a 30.06/30.07 sign. Where are they posting them?
    In Abilene, the sign at the Target was next to the sliding, automatic doors. Not only was the sign split between 2 panes of glass, it was further obscured when the door slid across. And at the time, there was another sign covering the top of the sign so all you could see was the bottom half of the sign - all you could see was enough to know it was a 30.06 or 30.07 but which one?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If it's not properly displayed...

I will respect a properly displayed 51%, 30.06 or 30.07, I’ve caught myself on numerous occasions having violated every one of those after the fact, and all those violations were a result of inconspicuous display. Like the backside of a door; bottom of an interior wall, at one entrance but not the other, and this list goes on.

The only time I’ve had anyone say anything to me regarded a well-hidden 30.07 sign, and I departed immediately.

Realistically unless their’s metal detectors I could probably just ignore all the postings. But that’s a level of dishonesty I just don’t have.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Tuesday I went to get an estimate for hail damage. The insurance company has offices inside a car repair facility. As usual I was open carrying and casually looked for any signs. The signs I noticed had nothing to do with guns so I walked in and confirmed my appointment. After being told it would be a few minutes, I then walked back out to my car to put the sunshield inside the windshield. On my way back I noticed at the bottom of the door there was a 30.07 sign, so I quickly pulled my shirt out to cover the gun, but nobody ever said anything.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Carrying becomes second nature. Always remembering to look for signs, for me, still is not so much second nature. But I normally carry concealed.

Not a problem with places I know have 30.06 (hospitals, etc.). But rather at commercial businesses.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    OK, sounds like we can ignore those signs as long as we leave promptly if orally notified.
    That is not what it means. If you are given oral notice and leave promptly, then they cannot file the Class C against you. However, if someone suspects you are carrying and calls the police, and the police arrive and find you carried past 30.06 or 30.07 signs, then you can be charged and prosecuted for the class C.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I just took the course recently so hopefully I have up to date info. The 51% signs can be skirted around in establishments like restaurants by not sitting at the bar. You're good at a table based on the definition of premise. There has been a lot more debate on printing lately. If you are printing, you are not concealed. If you see 30.07 and pull your shirt over it, it's not ok if you're printing. If you reach for an item on a high shelf and it becomes visible, you are no longer concealed. If you're ever asked to leave, never argue and just leave. I did find out that all school property is a no-go. As in if you are walking your dog late at night down a sidewalk in front of a school, you can get in trouble for that if you're carrying. That doesn't matter to most people but some of us have an elementary school in our neighborhood.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom