• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thank you. The link is a few year old version but it led me to the right place. Thanks again.
    I doubt much has changed since 2018, but that's cool. The good thing about that book is that not only does it explain the law in simple terms, it also gives scenario examples.
    Texas SOT

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Since the topic has wandered a bit I'll add a 2¢ observations
    1. Walmarts do not post Texas legal 30.06 or 30.07 signs
    2. Concealed is concealed unless someone has X-Ray vision
    3. Until Texas regains independence the US 2A protects armed citizens rights to arm and Texas law is infrigement
    Wal mart doesn't post any 30.06, and I don't recall even seeing any 30.07 signs at any, so....... ok

Concealed is concealed. And your point?

So by your little infringement comment are you suggesting people carry unlawfully?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I would REALLY like to know who the instructor is that taught your class.

I will not take the time to correct everything in just this post that is incorrect, but I would highly suggest that you take the class again with someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

Seriously.

"I would REALLY like to know who the instructor is that taught your class."

My FIRST thought too !

You tell 'em, "Hoji" !

Silly, silly Boys. . . . . .

leVieux

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    he refuses to tell us. Maybe his story is made up.
    Nothing made up. LTC in hand. Feel cheated out of the education I paid for. Educating myself because it would be irresponsible to go forward without doing so. Owe none of you anything but thanks for the quick correction and motivation to do it right. Choose not to put instructor's name out.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Are they visible (even though you didn't see them) when you walk through the doors?

I had a similar thing happen to me involving a 51% sign.

Years back on SPI, I had been in a place about an hour when I went to the restroom, and found their ONLY "51%" sign posted near the very rear of the establishment.

leVieux

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Nothing made up. LTC in hand. Feel cheated out of the education I paid for. Educating myself because it would be irresponsible to go forward without doing so. Owe none of you anything but thanks for the quick correction and motivation to do it right. Choose not to put instructor's name out.

You feel cheated, and understandably so. We were asking for the instructor's name so others in the future wouldn't be cheated. You must do what you feel is right, of course.

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Good thread. I went to look at the TABC site to check my frequented restaurants and they are blue.

What struck me is their descriptions only refence concealed carry, which makes me think they predate the open carry law and have not been updated to reflect the new law. In other words if a restaurant with <51% (listed as Blue in TABC database) allows licensed conceal, why wouldn't it allow open carry if no 30.07 is posted?

https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/sign_requirements.asp

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I take a simple minded approach to this subject. You post a sign that says you don't want my money I comply. I don't care if the letters are the right size or even if they are not spelled correctly. If my simple brain leads me to think you hate the Constitution I don't want to be there. And if I see the chance to tell you or one of you loser employees that they need not run to their safe space as I'm leaving their stinky Free Fire Zone, I get my message across too. And I promise to never check back to see if someone else got your job.
    I will admit if you are .07 posted I will still go in at least once. When my wife opened their restaurant they wanted to post .07 signs. I got them to just wait a few months. See what happens. Turns out a few of their most loyal customers open carry. They are nicer folks than me and very welcome.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I take a simple minded approach to this subject. You post a sign that says you don't want my money I comply. I don't care if the letters are the right size or even if they are not spelled correctly. If my simple brain leads me to think you hate the Constitution I don't want to be there. And if I see the chance to tell you or one of you loser employees that they need not run to their safe space as I'm leaving their stinky Free Fire Zone, I get my message across too. And I promise to never check back to see if someone else got your job.
    I will admit if you are .07 posted I will still go in at least once. When my wife opened their restaurant they wanted to post .07 signs. I got them to just wait a few months. See what happens. Turns out a few of their most loyal customers open carry. They are nicer folks than me and very welcome.
    I wish I could say that when I get called for jury duty.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    \

I have tried to explain to owners exactly what the signs can and can't do. Most are completely impervious to simple fact, and persist in thinking that the signs somehow make them more safe.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Good thread. I went to look at the TABC site to check my frequented restaurants and they are blue.

What struck me is their descriptions only refence concealed carry, which makes me think they predate the open carry law and have not been updated to reflect the new law. In other words if a restaurant with <51% (listed as Blue in TABC database) allows licensed conceal, why wouldn't it allow open carry if no 30.07 is posted?

Perhaps we should be asking, instead, "Just WHY have our legislators burdened the People with such complex, confusing, & infringing laws about a constitutionally protected RIGHT?"
    leVieux

https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/sign_requirements.asp

Top Bottom