• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Text on

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Corpus Christi
    I went to my local Time Warner store and seeing no signs on the door, I walked in while pocket carrying. When I returned to my truck, I noticed two large( about 5' by 3') signs with the official 30.06 and 30.07 notifications on the storefront window about ten feet from the door. Because they were not at the entrance, I did not notice them before I entered the store. My question is, was I in violation of the law?
    Gun Zone Deals

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I went to my local Time Warner store and seeing no signs on the door, I walked in while pocket carrying. When I returned to my truck, I noticed two large( about 5' by 3') signs with the official 30.06 and 30.07 notifications on the storefront window about ten feet from the door. Because they were not at the entrance, I did not notice them before I entered the store. My question is, was I in violation of the law?

A) This doesn't belong in the Introductions section.

B) Yes. 30.06 doesn't require entrances to be posted, only "the property" and the sign must be conspicuous.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    If the signs weren't in posted in a way most people would notice walking into the store I'd give you pass if I were on the jury.

All TWC locations seem to be posted for for future knowledge.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    On the sign not being conspicuous.

"noticed two large( about 5' by 3') signs with the official 30.06 and 30.07 notifications on the storefront window about ten feet from the door"

I'd have to see a picture, but it'd be a Class C violation to carry inside, then an argument with the court if the officer decided the posting was conspicuous enough to be PC.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    That was after he was back in his truck in the parking lot. Not on his way in. I've personally missed sign just like that (10' away) and spotted them on my 2nd or 3rd trip. I've never missed one posted at the actual entrance that I know of.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    That was after he was back in his truck in the parking lot. Not on his way in. I've personally missed sign just like that (10' away) and spotted them on my 2nd or 3rd trip. I've never missed one posted at the actual entrance that I know of.

"I didn't see it" is at best a defense to prosecution.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Seems simple enough....if they post a 30.07 sign, they don't want to see an openly-carried gun on your person. If they post a 30.06 sign, they don't want to see a concealed weapon on your person. Comply with their wishes, and you should be good to go.....

;)

Text on

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Corpus Christi
    I certainly did not see the sign when I entered as I always look at the entrance where I thought they were supposed to be posted. I would never purposely violate that law. I guess I should look all around the front of the building before entering.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Do missing letters invalidate 30.06/30.07 signs?
    I came across this picture on Texas3006.com.
    Both are missing letters.

Screenshot_20201023-111054_Texas3006.jpg

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Speaking of poor signage , HEB puts the 30.07 sign on the inside of the tented windows adjacent to the automatic doors, when the doors open it aint very conspicuous.
    Pinchie HEB .

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, according to the sight, the sign is valid.
    I am thinking it's not.

ETA: Evidently they are saying legal to be on the safe side, as he is not a lawyer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom