• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    And then there's the other side. Since Texas is a "right to work" state, you can be fired for any reason (federal law notwithstanding), including violating company rules.
    ***sigh*** Right to work state refers to an employee cannot be compelled to join a union.

What you mean is an at will state.

The law quoted above prevents the company from enforcing legal action against you, since 30.06 is supposed to only apply to "premises", not parking lots.

That too, is incorrect.

30.06 never uses the term premises, and even if it did it would not be limited to the definition used in penal code sections 46.03 and 46.035. The term used is property, and certainly can apply to parking lot.

And I remind you that there is no penalty in the law for an employer who fires you for violating a policy that is not in compliance from the Texas Labor Code
    Military Camp

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Whrn the law went into effect therr was a clarification issued by our company legal. Having a gate with restricted entry was not an exclusion to the law if you were required to enter through a second higher security access point without vehicle, ie secure employee gate.
    Talk to your company legal, then go over what they say with the actual law and someone with legal background.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That section only applies to specific types of employers. Please see the law posted earlier in this thread.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Quoting what was told to us by out legal after referring with state legal. Second largest defense contractor in the country. Don't think they were lying to us, but wouldn't be yhe first time.
    Company, not the state.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Not making it up. Email and printed notice based on employee questions. Didn't say was right, said what the response was to their questions in austin.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Reread the part about second largest defense contractor in country and lsrgest in state. If they askrd they would get an answer.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Not making it up. Email and printed notice based on employee questions. Didn't say was right, said what the response was to their questions in austin.

OK. The exact law is posted in this thread. I have no idea if it applies to your employer or not. I have no idea what type of employer you have.

Reread the part about second largest defense contractor in country and lsrgest in state. If they askrd they would get an answer.

Yeah, I have no idea what that means.................

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Someone here talked about clarification in austin. They also clarified why employees couldn't carry at the fw plant as the property is owned by the government.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Thread reminds me of Airplane where someone had to translate jive.

I think he is saying he works at JRB/Carswell or whatever it is called now and since it is .fed property the exemption in the posted law applies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    We have the same type badge entry into parking here. No 30.06 sign, and government contractor on company owned property.
    Have had inplant shooting in plant in another state and death threats against employees here.
    If they could legally do it, they'd be doing it here.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We have the same type badge entry into parking here. No 30.06 sign, and government contractor on company owned property.
    Have had inplant shooting in plant in another state and death threats against employees here.
    If they could legally do it, they'd be doing it here.

What are you writing about?

1. What do you mean by "we have the same type of badge entry into parking here?"
    2. If they could legally do WHAT, they'd be doing it there?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Someone here talked about clarification in austin. They also clarified why employees couldn't carry at the fw plant as the property is owned by the government.

Thread reminds me of Airplane where someone had to translate jive.

I think he is saying he works at JRB/Carswell or whatever it is called now and since it is .fed property the exemption in the posted law applies.

Is he right, you work at the JRB? Lockheed? Then it comes under federal law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Read the original post. He said they had to present a badge to get into company parking. So do we.
    If itvwere legal for them to just put up a 30.06 sign they would do it here. Know of at least 2 instances of one employ threatening to kill another, one of which I witnessed.
    They do random searches of people coming through the employee gate. And a shooting at a company plant in Indiana that left three dead.
    If they could legally post a sign here it would be up in a heartbeat. And yes there are exceptions in yhe law for certain types of plants, which is why in an earlier post I suggested the op talk yo his company legal about why the sign id there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    We also have a sign at the employee gate with a list of forbidden items. Not 30.06 but still legal.
    Appologies for my typing skill, or lack thereof.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Read the original post. He said they had to present a badge to get into company parking. So do we.
    If itvwere legal for them to just put up a 30.06 sign they would do it here. Know of at least 2 instances of one employ threatening to kill another, one of which I witnessed.
    Presenting a badge has nothing to do with it. Unless you company falls under one of the exemptions in the law then they cannot prohibit you from having your gun in your car in the parking lot.

The one caveat is federal property, like the JRB in Ft Worth.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    That's the point I'm trying to make about the gate. I dont think his company sign is legal.
    Our company has a generic prohibited item s like drugs, knives and recording equipment. No laws saying they cant post something like that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Also why he djould talk to company legal. Maybe get something to use against them legally.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom