• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    My employer thinks its hilarious to keep replacing the signs that they have at every entrance to our buildings that say no weapons are allowed including in parking facilities even when they know the law changed. The only mention that is not the case is buried where no one can find it in the policy guide.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    My employer thinks its hilarious to keep replacing the signs that they have at every entrance to our buildings that say no weapons are allowed including in parking facilities even when they know the law changed. The only mention that is not the case is buried where no one can find it in the policy guide.

I screwed up on the weekend I took my chl one thing let to another and I told my boss about taking the class.
    So looking out for my best interest staying employed at the company. He proceeded to remind me of the strict no weapons policies.
    So I pulled out the book, showed him the policy then flipped to the front where they added sole laywer talk saying bla bla these are our policies unless prohibited by law.
    Then went on to show him the section quoted earlier in the thread.

I out lawyered his lawyer. It was funny. And probably one of the only debates I've beat him on...

Though if I did have something on property I'm sure I'd still be canned...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I screwed up ...
    I once walked right into a federal building and through the metal detector with a revolver. I knew it the nanosecond the alarm went off.

Interesting experience. Too long and offtopic for here.

However, back on topic - I have parked in federal building parking lots with firearms in the car more times than I can remember. I never gave it a second thought. I guess I should have and will in the future.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    However, back on topic - I have parked in federal building parking lots with firearms in the car more times than I can remember. I never gave it a second thought. I guess I should have and will in the future.

In Dallas in the 90s Federal Lots were open for gun show customers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    In Dallas, gun shows were at the convention center and market hall. Not aware of any federal buildings close enough to either for parking.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    In Dallas, gun shows were at the convention center and market hall. Not aware of any federal buildings close enough to either for parking.

Well you should have paid more attention, there were several and one had the closest parking outside of actually being in DCC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Exactly where. Bldgs listed on map are schools, catering and city government. There is a building across Canton (?) street. You referring to that one?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Exactly where. Bldgs listed on map are schools, catering and city government. There is a building across Canton (?) street. You referring to that one?

There were at least 3 Fed parking lots between the McDonalds on Griffin Street and DCC. I usually parked in the lot adjacent to the Maceo Federal building and DCC. Across from Pioneer Park where the Cattle Sculptures are.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Saw it on different map. Google looks like its not labeling some government buildings.
    Back then they wouldn't arrest you for parking with guns on a weekend. Wouldn't try it now.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I can't comment on the law but I will say what I did about it. On the last two jobs that I had before retirement, both companies ran 24/7 operations and both had termination policies for having a gun on the property. I worked second and third shifts or a combination of both so I arrived at or left work very early in the morning (2-3am). I wasn't about to drive through Houston at 2 am without my pistol so I carried it to work and left it in the car .....against the rules.

I've had a LOT of jobs but I was issued only ONE life. The company doesn't think for me or decide what's best for me. That is MY job!

When I worked in the Prison system, our Warden allowed late shift employees to bring their CHL pistols to the parking lot if they were "Double locked" which means it's locked in a box, inside of your car trunk.

If I had been fired for having my pistol, that would have been OK. I was willing to risk that. That's what I did but you can do as you wish.

Flash

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I once walked right into a federal building and through the metal detector with a revolver. I knew it the nanosecond the alarm went off.

Interesting experience. Too long and offtopic for here.

Fortunately my error was letting him know I was taking the class, NOT carrying on the property. What's dumb is he had one but never renewed it.

I don't even want to imagine the sinking feeling of a metal detector going off...

Top Bottom