• Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

30.06 sign posting parameters
    In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:
    PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO.

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:

includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;

appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and

is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Please excuse my ignorance, i don't yet have my chl. Can someone post a pic or a link to an official 30.06 sign?

letters have to be at least 1 inch tall, and the sign must also be in Spanish.

3006sign.jpg

schertztx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Thank you. I have not seen one of those but don't think i have been looking for them either, i will now.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    With the exception of the gun show in Austin, I have yet to see a correct 30.06 sign. The car dealership I go to has a sign, but it doesn't site 30.06, it is something else. I don't bother carrying there anyway so I don't really worry about it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    With the exception of the gun show in Austin, I have yet to see a correct 30.06 sign. The car dealership I go to has a sign, but it doesn't site 30.06, it is something else. I don't bother carrying there anyway so I don't really worry about it.

It is just their ill informed attempt at telling you to leave your gun at home when coming to their dealership.
    Your reference to not carrying in there puzzles me...
    How do you decide when to carry and when to not carry? To me it is like wearing a seat belt....can you get in your car and say, "Well, I doubt i'll be in an accident today, I will skip the seatbelt."
    Can anyone accurately guess when they will need their firearm?
    That having been said, would it not make sense to carry at all times when that is an available option?
    Not judging anyone, just curious how other feel about this... :confused:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It is just their ill informed attempt at telling you to leave your gun at home when coming to their dealership.
    How do you decide when to carry and when to not carry? To me it is like wearing a seat belt....can you get in your car and say, "Well, I doubt i'll be in an accident today, I will skip the seatbelt."
    That having been said, would it not make sense to carry at all times when that is an available option?

That seems to be the latest angle of attack - "who needs a gun (enter favorite location here)?"

You're right though, who KNOWS when and where they will be a victim?

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    The only other place I have seen an attempt at posting a 30.06 sign was at Garden Ridge. However, it was not a legitimate 30.06 sign. This was a sign that looks like some I have seen posted on Post Office doors, that just had the circle/line through it with a pistol in the middle. It was on an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper and basically just said "no guns allowed here." Of course it is still legal to carry there b/c they don't even know the law in the first place. I still don't go there b/c their heart is already in the wrong place.

There are "No Guns" signs, and there are "PC 30.06" signs. One is not necessarily the other. Unless the sign IS a compliant 30.06, it doesn't apply to you.

There is a reason for PC 30.06 AND the detailed specifications. PC 30.06 is about private property rights, and the owner's right to decide whether or not visitors may carry concealed handguns. His vehicle is PC 30.06. In order to exercise this right, he (the property owner) must follow the guidelines of PC 30.06. The language and the specifications are there for the same reason all stop signs are red and octagonal. The purpose is to create clear and consistent notification to CHL holders. We are not bound by a non-compliant 'no guns' sign any more than we would be required to stop at a purple trapezoid with the word 'HALT' printed on it.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin

Spot on. I like the seat belt analogy. Of course, the libs will counter with something about how likely it is to get into a car accident versus how unlikely it is to be a victim of violent crime. I like to tell my lib "friends" that they are just as UNLIKELY to survive the UNLIKELY violent crime incident if they aren't armed.

When you step out of your door and you aren't armed, just say "Baaaa" and hope there's a sheepdog an eighth of a second away to protect you.

etex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I try not to analyze why the sign is posted I just assume that they don't want to do business with CHL's and if I have a choice I spend my money somewhere else. By the way there are very few of these signs were I live so this is not much of a problem for me.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information Resource - Home
    Here is a site that might help.
    There are always people that will belittle a good idea by nit picking the small stuff.
    Their aim is to argue and nothing else.
    Businesses have the right to control their premises, and we have the right to let them know that we will spend our money elsewhere. Simple as that.
    Keep the good ideas coming.

DocRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Arlington
    Thanks for all the info folks. I have yet to see a valid 30.30 sign in Bedford or Arlington, but I don't frequent any of those places that were listed on the Google map. I did see one invalid 51% sign at a convenience store/gas station in Bedford, so I pointed out to the owner that if his sales of alcohol were 51% he was in violation of city ordanance because he was less than a block from an elementary school. He took the sign down even before I had paid for my Pepsi.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Thanks for all the info folks. I have yet to see a valid 30.30 sign in Bedford or Arlington, but I don't frequent any of those places that were listed on the Google map. I did see one invalid 51% sign at a convenience store/gas station in Bedford, so I pointed out to the owner that if his sales of alcohol were 51% he was in violation of city ordanance because he was less than a block from an elementary school. He took the sign down even before I had paid for my Pepsi.

Not to mention 51% applies only to on premises consumption. There is no restriction for legal carry in a retail store like that, unless they post 30.06 which has nothing to do with their alcohol sales. They are required to post the other sign letting people who are illegally carrying that they are about to step in where illegally carrying becomes more illegaler. :D

So saying what you said to him, being non-applicable as it is, demonstrates just how ignorant of the law he actually is. A report TABC would be in order so they can make sure he's educated on the subject s well as knows he owes you for saving him from violating proper TABC sign usage and getting popped for it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    BTW, all 30.06 sign usage isn't evil. While I find it hard to understand in most cases, and understand that some are posted out of shear ignorance of the law and if they understood what it was they're likely be taken down, some applications make sense.

The only Hospitals for example, that I've seen posted are buildings that house psychiatric facilities for one example. If you've ever been in or around psych. wards, you'll understand why. I didn't until we had to go into the psych ward in a local hospital and had to leave all tools etc. outside other than what was necessary and that was guarded. Some people with mental problems can be very scary.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    The only legal 30.06 sign I've ever seen is at my work. (Bell Helicopter in Amarillo) They have them posted at ever entrance to every building and at the entrance to the main gate to drive in the plant. They also don't want people to have a firearm in the vehicle that's in one of the outside parking lots but they don't have signs posted in the outside parking lots.

When searching trucks before they come in the plant I've found many people with CHL's and CCW's....as a CHLer myself, it sucks telling them they can't come inside the plant with their CCW.

LS6TT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Saginaw, Texas
    Ok...There are alot of you guys that are much more proficient at organizing protest type messages that I am, so I present this question:
    Is there a way to start a petition (if that is the right term), that can be sent to businesses that are CHL unfriendly, (and even the media) making them aware that they are alienating and losing tens of thousands of customers by way of their anti gun stance?
    It would make a great news story and if there were enough CHL holders involved would send a great message.
    I think the message would have to include stats and fct about CHL holders and why you DO want them in your business. (i.e. CHL holder demographics, CHL holders have a higher amount of discretionary and disposable income...etc.)
    I'm sure soneone has already thought of this, right?....

didnt read the whole thread but wanted to comment on your post. While I dont agree, its still there right to deny service, and even if Joe Treehugger doesnt want a legal firearm holder in there store, id just go up the street to the place that does.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Since I don't have a CHL ( I have an Open Carry Permit), I rarely pay attention to such signs. This thread has me paying better attention. I will not patronize establishments that interfere with our 2nd Ammendment rights.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom