• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Where exactly does the 30.06 sign have to be posted? The reason I ask is because the school I work at has it posted inside the building. While I know it is illegal to carry into the school (high school), the last line of the sign says it's illegal to have a concealed weapon on the property ... which if the sign is inside, then you've already unknowingly broken the law.
    Target Sports

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Where exactly does the 30.06 sign have to be posted? The reason I ask is because the school I work at has it posted inside the building. While I know it is illegal to carry into the school (high school), the last line of the sign says it's illegal to have a concealed weapon on the property ... which if the sign is inside, then you've already unknowingly broken the law.
    My understanding is it must be posted in plain view OUTSIDE.
    Posted inside and you have violated the law.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    30-06 Sign inside School

I don't know why they even put the sign up, everybody knows guns in and about school is a big no-no. From the good old days rural boys had their rifles and shotguns in the rear windows of their pickups, even leaving guns on the school bus to hunt on the way home after getting off the bus.

Then the gang banging, turf wars, dope dealing, cretins from the slums of the big cities ruined it for the good kids. In view of the above lawless little beasts, no guns at school is a damn good law. Too bad some slip in anyway.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

The sign can be posted inside or outside.

There are two main parts of the 30.06 law; if you enter property with a handgun after being given notice that entry with a handgun was forbidden, and if you remain on property with a handgun after being given notice that remaining on the property with a handgun is forbidden.

So if the sign is posted inside, you must leave with your handgun or you are THEN violating the law.

And I am curious about the sign you mention. The 30.06 sign says nothing about concealed weapons.

It reads, in both English and Spanish;

""Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun."

Also what type of school?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    everybody knows guns in and about school is a big no-no.

That is not true. While firearms are prohibited inside buildings or portions of buildings, they can be possesed and carried "about" schools. Specifically in any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    The answer has been covered well in this thread (and 1182 others ) But I'm curious. Since you work at a HS, are you asking in general about placement of the sign or are you asking specifically about the school (which as said, needs no sign and it's probably posted by an overzealous administrator for the benefit and coddling of morons. I'd be curious of the district knows it's posted.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    txinvestigator;65673]The sign can be posted inside or outside.

Thanks TXI I better watch more closely for 30:06 signs inside buildings.
    I know school building are off limits but drives, sidewalks, ect,, are fine.
    Always learning and hopefully not from my own mistakes.;)

Top Bottom