• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    There's an appraisal board meeting tomorrow at 9am if anyone wants to go a and question the signs and metal detector. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400016114.008249.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    There's an appraisal board meeting tomorrow at 9am if anyone wants to go a and question the signs and metal detector. View attachment 28211

I'm still not sure what's in question. It's a governmental entity. Meetings are off-limits if properly posted.

Whether it's city property or not is likely to be a defense to prosecution, meaning arrest and trial .

Last edited:

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    It's posted all day every day and also has a metal detector. No chl allowed. The meeting wasn't posted on the door last week when I was there. Yes tomorrow the sign is valid. Today with no meeting it wasn't but it was still there along with the detector and guard.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It's posted all day every day and also has a metal detector. No chl allowed. The meeting wasn't posted on the door last week when I was there. Yes tomorrow the sign is valid. Today with no meeting it wasn't but it was still there along with the detector and guard.

So I'm still not sure what you're looking for. Arguing with the guard isn't going to fix anything. You'll either have to file a lawsuit against them, or become the test case. Which would you prefer?

I wouldn't think filing for injunctive relief would be too burdensome. You think someone like the TSRA would help with that.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I'm thinking along the lines of asking the board during citizen comment/question time why the buildings are posted and informing them of what the penal code says regarding such matters.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm thinking along the lines of asking the board during citizen comment/question time why the buildings are posted and informing them of what the penal code says regarding such matters.

You'd probably be better off telling them what the govt code says. Just know that they can't act on anything you comment on if it's not on the agenda directly and you'd be better off addressing the entity that owns the building. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom