• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    How about for the 30.07 posting businesses; Leave your open carry holster on your belt and stick the gun in the small of the back, under the shirt. No law I know of on having an empty holster on your belt.

That ought to blow up a few liberal minds.
    ARJ Defense ad

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I don't have a problem with a business posting a 30.07 sign. That has to do with the atmosphere a business wants to project. If they don't want to see someone's weapon, I respect and abide by the business' request.

And, though I don't respect businesses that post 30.06 signs, I will respect their wish. If they don't want to see my concealed weapon, I will not show it to them....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I see it at HEB quite often. No one seems to notice.

If you want to piss off a Liberal, specifically an rabid anti gun Liberal , wear an NRA hat. Even if you are not that keen on the NRA, it just pisses them off to no end. An NRA hat and no holster showing is even better as in their mind it says you are most likely carrying and they can't do a damn thing about it.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I don't have a problem with a business posting a 30.07 sign. That has to do with the atmosphere a business wants to project. If they don't want to see someone's weapon, I respect and abide by the business' request.

And, though I don't respect businesses that post 30.06 signs, I will respect their wish. If they don't want to see my concealed weapon, I will not show it to them....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

For me not much different than “no shoes, no shirt, no service”.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    How about for the 30.07 posting businesses; Leave your open carry holster on your belt and stick the gun in the small of the back, under the shirt. No law I know of on having an empty holster on your belt.

That ought to blow up a few liberal minds.

And look like a doofus who acquiesced?

NFW! Only makes the anti-gunners stronger.

How about this instead, Spend your money somewhere else that is not trying take away your freedom.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Some are simply idiots who for some strange reason labor under the impression that everyone can just carry openly without license. That's the reason I was given when I bitched about the 06/07 signs upon which the 06 signs got removed and the 07 ones stayed up.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Some are simply idiots who for some strange reason labor under the impression that everyone can just carry openly without license. That's the reason I was given when I bitched about the 06/07 signs upon which the 06 signs got removed and the 07 ones stayed up.

I don't know if that's addressed to me or not. I'm fully aware of the law. I'm just thinking if a lot of people wore an empty holster, carrying or not, it sure might cause dimocrats some consternation. And be good for a few laughs.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We ate at Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia in San Antonio yesterday, they have a 30.07 sign at the door. My oldest really wanted to have lunch there, and it was his birthday the day before so how could I say 'no?!?' I don't agree with the policy but defend their right to have it, and while we could have easly chosen someplace else to eat it is where he (and Mom) wanted to have lunch.

I am all for extending my patronage to businesses that support my rights, but I can still respect other's rights as well. I find it better to "pick my battles," and to be willing to make slight concessions and sacrifices for my loved ones.

I am sure some don't agree with that mindset, and that's fine with me. If others feel an absolute ban on any business that prohibits firearms is warranted, then I support their right and decision; but in my opinion it simply doesn't work in every circumstance...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By they way, since you didn't specify, I hope when you place the gun in "the small of the back" that you are using a holster of some type. While not required by Texas law for concealed carry, it is not a safe practice for most handguns.

"Mexican carry" as it is commonly known (in homage to proud Mexicans of the 19th and early 20th centuries who defiantly carried that way to provide the opportunity to quickly dispense of the illegal weapon if the Federales appeared, as the remaining holster would be evidence of having been armed) is more likely to cause a negligent discharge over a holstered firearm.

It may look great in the movies, but in reality it can be a very dangerous practice!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have no idea why you would think it was.
    By they way, since you didn't specify, I hope when you place the gun in "the small of the back" that you are using a holster of some type. While not required by Texas law for concealed carry, it is not a safe practice for most handguns.

"Mexican carry" as it is commonly known (in homage to proud Mexicans of the 19th and early 20th centuries who defiantly carried that way to provide the opportunity to quickly dispense of the illegal weapon if the Federales appeared, as the remaining holster would be evidence of having been armed) is more likely to cause a negligent discharge over a holstered firearm.

It may look great in the movies, but in reality it can be a very dangerous practice!

I hope you have cites for that statement. I carried for years on the left side butt forward, no holster. They didn't make IWB holsters then FWIW.

Why would it be more likely to cause a ND???

Top Bottom