• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I would like to buy a 30-30 lever action rifle. Winchester or Marlin or Henry
    I cannot afford a high priced antique but would pay a a moderate price for one in good condition between $500 and $700. This may not be possible but just thought I would throw it out there.
    If this is a foolish post, at least be nice when you laugh at me
    Venture Surplus ad

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think it’s reasonable sir. Only a week or two ago there was a Marlin listed for $450. I think you are not out of line price wise at all

**edit** I may have jumped the gun on my initial response. You may have problems finding a Henry or Winchester at that price and in decent shape, but a Marlin or Glenfield (the Marlin private label) is certainly doable

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A lot of lever actions were used as pickup truck guns or barn guns. They show up in the used gun areas of your local gun shop or at gun shows. I bought one some years ago that had spiders in the barrel. It took some cleaning up, but mechanically it was in great shape and the barrel was barely used. Have some patience and look around.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm just gonna drop this right here...

Mechanically its in good shape. The finish was rough, so as a stop-gap to keep it from just rusting non-stop, it got some high temp paint. It ain't the prettiest girl at the dance, but she knows the same moves the prettier girls do.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Bought a Marlin 336 JM 30-30 dated 1903 from a member 2-3 years ago for $600.00.

Most of them, what I've seen lately have been in your price range.
    Many Marlins have doubled in value over the last five years. I have a 1951 336RC in .30-30 and the price I paid is no longer even close to its value.
    0-CA3942-B-CCEC-425-A-8-C08-2-D02849-F0-F09-zpswafw5dz4.jpg

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    I'm just gonna drop this right here...

Mechanically its in good shape. The finish was rough, so as a stop-gap to keep it from just rusting non-stop, it got some high temp paint. It ain't the prettiest girl at the dance, but she knows the same moves the prettier girls do.
    I saw this when you posted it. Looks like you did a good job of refinishing. I didn't think much about it since you are 3 hr 34 min (236.3 mi) away from NRH. I would definitely need to see it before committing to pay $500. That's quite a drive to check it out but it is really interesting

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    I think it’s reasonable sir. Only a week or two ago there was a Marlin listed for $450. I think you are not out of line price wise at all

**edit** I may have jumped the gun on my initial response. You may have problems finding a Henry or Winchester at that price and in decent shape, but a Marlin or Glenfield (the Marlin private label) is certainly doable
    Yeah I saw the one posted for $450. It was grabbed up before I had a chance to PM the seller

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I saw this when you posted it. Looks like you did a good job of refinishing. I didn't think much about it since you are 3 hr 34 min (236.3 mi) away from NRH. I would definitely need to see it before committing to pay $500. That's quite a drive to check it out but it is really interesting

Welps, I'm driving to Palmer tomorrow if you're free. I should be up there sometime between 10-10:30. As long as I'm back here in Magnolia by 5ish I'm good.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom