• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I need load info, dies, etc to reload for a 30 Remington. Its a rimless version of the 30-30 Winchester.

both of my reloading books dont have any info. on this round.
    Lynx Defense

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    I need load info, dies, etc to reload for a 30 Remington. Its a rimless version of the 30-30 Winchester.

both of my reloading books dont have any info. on this round.

I've got some data in front of me from my 1953 edition of Complete Guide to Handloading; I'll dig through some of my other books and see what I can turn up for you; I'll PM you by Tuesday.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've got some data in front of me from my 1953 edition of Complete Guide to Handloading; I'll dig through some of my other books and see what I can turn up for you; I'll PM you by Tuesday.
    Just be careful with that. Powder formulas change over the years, that is why reloading books must be updated also. It probably isn't a major issue, but be warned.

Plus, isn't anything from before the '60s all black powder anyways? Sorry, I had to.

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    Just be careful with that. Powder formulas change over the years, that is why reloading books must be updated also. It probably isn't a major issue, but be warned.

Plus, isn't anything from before the '60s all black powder anyways? Sorry, I had to.

The Complete Guide to Handloading is a great read, if you've never read it or seen it, I'd suggest trying to find a copy. I am very cautious about using any data that is outdated, hence the further digging into some new material. I also don't quote data, I don't want to risk a typo. I will scan and email though.
    There are loads for the 30rem listed with Unique, 2400 and a couple more modern powders that are still in existence today by name ( you're very correct, it pays to verify with the company on formulation). I add to my collection of manuals whenever a new edition is available and I have an interesting collection of older ones too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have seen load data change every edition, I could just imagine the difference 58 years makes!

If you get a second, please compare some data for the 30-30 (or whatever) from that book to a modern one with powders that are still available. I am just curious how different it is.

Thanks in advance.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    data from "the handloaders manual of cartridge conversions". 1987 Ed.
    .30 Remington.
    150g rn bullet, 34.0g of 3031 powder, 2407fps, you can make brass from 30-30 win cases.
    Seems to be an interesting wildcat. This is the info I have and it's a good idea to crosscheck anyone who give you load data.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    PM me if you want. I can give you data from Lyman #45. I don't load the .30 Remington, but do load for its little brother, the .25 Remington.

Top Bottom