• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i saw it at wlmart while is was picking up a few handfuls of data.
    should i bother?
    anyone have one? and if so is it worth a damn?
    Target Sports

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Try the BSA red dot. I have it on my Beretta .22 Neos. It is very accurate. I think it was around 30-40$. I don't know how it will hold up with higher calibers, but it works well for the money. Very easy to see with adjustable dot intensity.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i used the same redot on my shotgun held up good hard to tell on a shotgun but for the most part where i aim is where the gun hits

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Try the BSA red dot. I have it on my Beretta .22 Neos. It is very accurate. I think it was around 30-40$. I don't know how it will hold up with higher calibers, but it works well for the money. Very easy to see with adjustable dot intensity.

Just to add to this, the Beretta .22 Neos is my wife's gun, well sometimes. It made her want to go to the range. She never had fun with higher caliber handguns and even with the .22 it was okay until I put the BSA Red Dot on it. She shoots the lights out with it. Any spot on the target she hits. My son and I have more fun shooting that gun than all the others. Put it at any distance and it is accurate. Ammo is cheap. My best friend bought the same gun and red dot for his wife and now she has fun at the range and both are very comfortable shooting now.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmmm
    i will look intot hat one as well.
    im thinking of getting one to slap on ym 9mm carbine.
    i think i am gonna make it "tacticool"
    hehe
    i need a few more picatitny on it though
    (like 30)

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive got 2 of them. Both on 10/22s. Both work great for their intended purposes. They always hit where I put the dot each time I take them out of the box. I like them for fast shooting and night hunting.
    100_0920.jpg

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Depends...

I put one on my 10-22 and for playing around and blasting paper and cans...its pretty fun.

However, I would NOT put this on an AR or other serious centerfire rifle. It just does not look like it would hold up. Iffy at best.

But for 30 bucks...if you need a cheapo sight on your 22...they're not a bad choice. Just know that its not in the league of the better sights and don't expect the world of it and you'll be good to go.

- brickboy240

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Depends...

I put one on my 10-22 and for playing around and blasting paper and cans...its pretty fun.

However, I would NOT put this on an AR or other serious centerfire rifle. It just does not look like it would hold up. Iffy at best.

But for 30 bucks...if you need a cheapo sight on your 22...they're not a bad choice. Just know that its not in the league of the better sights and don't expect the world of it and you'll be good to go.

- brickboy240

would you consider a 9mm a 'serious centerfire rifle'
    'cause thats what i was thinking for it.
    i love good ol' iron sigts especial on my 597 .22 lr
    although the sights on my carbine are dandy, i just think it would look pretty cool.... i dont know how often id use it haha.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Sometimes cheap and inexpensive are two different things. I have found that buying strictly by brand and cost does not always work. Any product that I use and have bought have worked very well and not failed. Keep you options open. But I have been burned by cheap products and expensive ones.

Top Bottom