• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    I know... it's just a new name for several close "sisters", but now that it's SAAMI official... I think I want one. Does anyone have any actual experience with the 300 BLK or its sisters.
    Gun Zone Deals

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I have hand loaded an shot a lot of 300 whisperer.. If you have a 30 cal can.. I would say go for it.. If you don't plan on doing that I would get an ak but 7.62 hornady and shoot that. This is just my opinion for the normal person.. Money, time, energy invested into projects and the return they give you.. Now if you have a SBR, a m16, and a 30 cal can get one NOW! and call me:)

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    Not likely to be able to afford suppression any time soon. If there was a SAAMI round with the original case head size in 6.5mm, that would be my choice, but I haven't found it yet. The Grendel and SPC bring their own issues even though the ballistics are better. Momentum seems to be building for the new round. Folks are making uppers and barrels. Remington is making ammo (if memory serves) and I'm guessing cases. The military decided against the SPC so I'm guessing components will get harder to find in the future (just guessing). If I was looking for maximum AR ballistics, I guess I'd go with a 25 WSSM.

I know... I sound like a little girl shopping for a prom dress.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I have a Form 1 in right now on a 10.3" 300BLK. Gimme a couple months and I'll give you any info you want. Also have an AAC 762 SDN-6 waiting on a Form 3, so I can do the Form 4, and wait longer.

There's a whole section on Silencertalk about 300 Blackout. Lots of people over there who are shooting and loading them already.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I have shot .223, super .308, and sub .308 out of the 7.62sd on sbrs and long guns alike... You are going to love that can! However for anyone getting into a .30 cal can don't forget to look at the new yhm phantom... it weighs like 15ounces!!!! and can take 300 win mag+... Here are some simple stats on the cans.

Phantom .30 cal Standard 28ounces
    76.2 21ounces
    New phantom 15ounces

Now I might be off an ounce or wto and I am too lazy to look it up but I know those are close. I have been shooting .300 wsm through my phantom can and it sounds great and holds up. I sure wish I could have got the 15 ounce can as a 7.5" ar build would have been a priority!!!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I know... it's just a new name for several close "sisters", but now that it's SAAMI official... I think I want one. Does anyone have any actual experience with the 300 BLK or its sisters.

No experience with the round, but what do you want with it? Silencer (something I know nothing about), people stopper? deer slayer? target shooter?

I know these new rounds all sound really cool, but they aren't going to be mainstream, which means they are going to be expensive and favor the reloader. Just my thoughts on the matter. I'd never tell someone to not get what they want, but don't expect this or any other new round to be picked up by the military to provide cheap abundant ammo.

Top Bottom