• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    Who's shooting and reloading for this cartridge? How long does your reformed 223/556 brass last? Which brash to you use to reform to 300blk? And lastly what kind of accuracy do you squeeze out of it?
    Capitol Armory ad

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    You should be able to get 4-6 loadings out of it IF you aneal the necks every 2nd or 3rd loading. I am about to gear up to make a batch of 3000 pieces if there is any interest

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ive got 6 reloads on 1x fired LC brass with pretty hot loads. The primer pockets are a little loose but I'm not getting any gas leakage around the primer.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have been using LC brass for mine. I have only shot one round through them, so not sure on life. But it should be comprable to other rifle brass. I think 5 or 6 time for sure. I do think I want to trim the brass before loading each time though.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Careful what brass you reform lc is good always but there is some 223 and 5.56 brass that has thicker case walls and will get jammed in the chamber (I found out the hard way) pcc is one of those. It was bad enough were just dropping the round in the camber to check fit with no bolt it would stick and it took a alot to get it out.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    As in what brass is best or what kind of accuracy are we getting period? Most of my loads are in the 1-1.5" range on a dead calm day. Im sure it could be better but Im not looking for uber precision out of this gun and I don't stretch it out much so I haven't pursued accuracy any further. My Noveske barrel likes for the bullets to be pushed hard. I only use H110 and under M80 pulls I run 17.6, 125s I run 19 and 110s I run 20. Those are all pretty hot so work your way up but they stack in pretty well. Below is my range notes for my finalized loads
    20131203_062842_zps6f468608.jpg

As with all reloading information use at your own risk.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    Yeas, Accuracy in general. Where are you finding your m80 pull downs. I was thinking about using these.
    308- 150 FP
    I have read that you can push them in the 1900-2100 fps range with out issues and decent accuracy.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I bought mine when grafs had a big sale on them. Theyre pretty much all the same so its not that big of a deal. Watch out for the 150ish gr FMJs that have a big boat tail as they will not have enough purchase on the case mouth. At leadt for me to be comfortable in an auto since they will have less than .25 touching the case. If I weoght sort the M80s I can get about 1.5" but non weight sorted its more like 2.5ish. I domt normally weight sort as its a PITA and 2.5" for plinking is ok for me. If you want all out accuracy the 125gr SMKs seem to be top dog. Wind really jacks this round up so if its windy at all dont bother doing load development unless youre just running across the chrono.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If youre shooting for 1" groupd anything over 5mph wind will screw rhat up. Just warning anyone about doing load development or shooting groups that any decent wind at all screws that up. I fought it for a while but with this thing chunking relatively low BC bullets at slow speeds. For any practical hunting purposes its plenty accurate enough in even 10mph full value wind.

FYI that 17.6gr of H110 under the M80 pulls is HOT like a grain and a half over max. At 17.8 I get some popped primers but any lower charge weoght accuracy is downright terrible.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Accuracy has never been a problem with any of the 300BOs I messed with.
    It is a fun gun to reload for as the bullet range in 30 cal is endless and it seems to like everything but bullets with a large soft point or hollow points.
    The bullets with large soft tips and big open HPs tend to dig into the feed ramps and cause some problems.
    I had good luck with 110gr Hornady SPs after I seated them short and it didn't seem to effect accuracy with long bullet jump.
    Lil'Gun was the BOMB for me!

When I started with the BO, about the only choice was roll-your-own brass and I used LC brass of '09 and '10 vintage.
    Cut it down on a cheap Harbor Freight mini chop saw and formed with LEE 3 die set.
    Brass Warehouse came along after a while and I used lots their converted LC brass.

I only hunt pigs and the 300BO lacked the thump for the really big ones so I moved on.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    If youre shooting for 1" groupd anything over 5mph wind will screw rhat up. Just warning anyone about doing load development or shooting groups that any decent wind at all screws that up. I fought it for a while but with this thing chunking relatively low BC bullets at slow speeds. For any practical hunting purposes its plenty accurate enough in even 10mph full value wind.

FYI that 17.6gr of H110 under the M80 pulls is HOT like a grain and a half over max. At 17.8 I get some popped primers but any lower charge weoght accuracy is downright terrible.

Im used to loading hot. Dad and i loaded his 22-250 hot enought to split necks on the third loading. But damn does it throw a nice group.

Top Bottom