• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpepper70

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. I'm new to the AR game and have been doing a ton of reading. I recently purchased a Spikes lower and DPMS slick side upper with 16" 300 BLK barrel running carbine gas. I'm mainly gonna use this as a pig thumper and I want to use 10 round mags for hunting. The rifle won't chamber, pick up, a round with the 10 round but functions flawlessly with a 30 round. It feels like the 10 round mag isn't locking in high enough. I can hold it up and it will catch a round. Am I missing something with this mag. It's a new Pmag gen 3. Again, the 30 Pmag gen 2 works fine but not the gen 3 ten rounder. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    The gen 3 pmags have that "anti over-insertion" tab on them. File it off and you should be fine.

tpepper70

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    I couldn't find any tab that looked different than the gen2 30 mag I have. In fact, I couldn't really see a reason for it not to work. Then again, I'm a newb and may not be looking at things correctly. Can someone post a pic showing the difference please?

tpepper70

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    Alright. I checked what mine looks like compared to the link, thanks by the way, and mine isn't hitting there at all. In fact I have at least 1/16" of clearance before the mag hits there. I think I'm just gonna take the mag back and try a different mag. Even when I push the mag in the tiny bit it needs to catch the bolt, it still doesn't touch there. Thanks for the help. I learned something today, which is why I read these forums.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Just curious, do you have a Gen3 30 rounder? What about a gen3 20 round? I'm just curious if it's a gen 3 problem, since you said yours doesn't hit there.

tpepper70

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    I only have a gen2 30 round and gen3 10 round. Just got started with this stuff last week. Got a long ways to go.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Where are you located? I'm sure one of us nearby can spot you one of our gen 3 30 rnders to help you diagnose this.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical
    Ammo