• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    You are right, I have seen the light. Why should we improve ballistics of existing cartridges when we can trudge along with the same old same old.
    The 7.62x39 is only 70 years old now, there can't have been that much advancement in ammo technology.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    Lol.....
    Another one taken by the "Curse of the Silvers Bullet".......

You know, the holdover for a 110gr .308 going 2400FPS (< generous guess-etimate) with a 100 yard zero is only a little OVER 35 FEET.....and it ALMOST DOUBLES when you stretch it out to 1000 yards....so, your point is fail.

They are good for a suppressed round and thin light skinned game at close range.
    Don't waste your time shooting pigs over 180 unless you are lucky....same logic applies here as the 800 yard gong shot - you can get lucky.

I do speak from experience - when I started messing with the 300BO, the only ammo was roll your own.
    When we first saw the 300BO, we were stoked and built a bunch for pig hunting.
    Of the original 9 folks, only 2 of them still have them and they only keep them because they plan to go suppressed later.
    These mostly sit in the safe and only see limited range time with no hunting.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    So you are saying its a great for suppressing, and performs as well Supersonic as a round developed in 1895.
    Yeah, sounds like a winner.

What do you care? It's not like the pro-300BLK crowd is spending your money on it or taking anything away from you, so why are your panties all wadded up over it?

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Built my 300blk for between $900-$1000 and that's with a panic priced $250 striped lower..

Oh and I built it for hunting because I want the knockdown of a .30 but where I hunt I want it to drop quick so It doesn't go 2 farms over. It is a great round and has it's place. yes I do want to suppress a 300blk but I plan to do that with an SBR stamp also so that means another rifle. The build I have now is going to stay my supersonic shorter range deer rifle.

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    You are right, I have seen the light. Why should we improve ballistics of existing cartridges when we can trudge along with the same old same old.
    The 7.62x39 is only 70 years old now, there can't have been that much advancement in ammo technology.
    45acp is over 100 years old and still knocking people dead just as good as any other new whiz-bang cartridge. If you're going to shit on a cartridge at least come up with a decent rebuttle.
    Lol.....
    Another one taken by the "Curse of the Silvers Bullet".......

You know, the holdover for a 110gr .308 going 2400FPS (< generous guess-etimate) with a 100 yard zero is only a little OVER 35 FEET.....and it ALMOST DOUBLES when you stretch it out to 1000 yards....so, your point is fail.

They are good for a suppressed round and thin light skinned game at close range.
    Don't waste your time shooting pigs over 180 unless you are lucky....same logic applies here as the 800 yard gong shot - you can get lucky.

I do speak from experience - when I started messing with the 300BO, the only ammo was roll your own.
    When we first saw the 300BO, we were stoked and built a bunch for pig hunting.
    Of the original 9 folks, only 2 of them still have them and they only keep them because they plan to go suppressed later.
    These mostly sit in the safe and only see limited range time with no hunting.
    You and your buddys must not be very good shots. Most of the people I know with a 300blk have no problem putting meat on the ground.

Regardless of the ballistics I jave no problem putting bullets on target out to 500 yards. If the cartridge isnt for you, it isnt for you, why go out of your way to shit on it? The cartridge works, thats indisputable. I dont think anyone is going to argue its the best ar15 supersonic round. For that matter 6.5g or 6.8spc isnt either, the 6mm fat rat is king of the ar15 hill in long range work. No one buys a 300blk for 1000 yard shots so get real. 99% of the people on gun boards cant even hit a reasonably sized target at 1k anyway.

I always love how the 300blk haters take it to the extreme to try and make the cartridge seem worthless. Every cattridge isnt for everyone, fact of the matter is whether you wsnt to admit it or not, its here to stay and fills the needs of many shooters. Its sold in walmart now and remington produces it under their umc line so its mainstream now whether you like it not.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    45acp is over 100 years old and still knocking people dead just as good as any other new whiz-bang cartridge. If you're going to shit on a cartridge at least come up with a decent rebuttle.

You and your buddys must not be very good shots. Most of the people I know with a 300blk have no problem putting meat on the ground.

Regardless of the ballistics I jave no problem putting bullets on target out to 500 yards. If the cartridge isnt for you, it isnt for you, why go out of your way to shit on it? The cartridge works, thats indisputable. I dont think anyone is going to argue its the best ar15 supersonic round. For that matter 6.5g or 6.8spc isnt either, the 6mm fat rat is king of the ar15 hill in long range work. No one buys a 300blk for 1000 yard shots so get real. 99% of the people on gun boards cant even hit a reasonably sized target at 1k anyway.

I always love how the 300blk haters take it to the extreme to try and make the cartridge seem worthless. Every cattridge isnt for everyone, fact of the matter is whether you wsnt to admit it or not, its here to stay and fills the needs of many shooters. Its sold in walmart now and remington produces it under their umc line so its mainstream now whether you like it not.

X2 imo

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

And 9mm Luger is 2 years older than .45acp, and 30-'06...duh, 1906.

Top Bottom