• ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    A little synopsis of what happened during the first 299 . . . ? :evil:

There was this group of frat guys on their way to a toga party at the Delta house. Somebody mentioned that they had to bring their own beer, and being broke college kids, they armed up to go rob a convenience store. Their DPMS and Hesse DI AR's jammed at the worst time and they got overrun by AK wielding meth heads from Iran that were running the 7-Eleven.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    There was this group of frat guys on their way to a toga party at the Delta house. Somebody mentioned that they had to bring their own beer, and being broke college kids, they armed up to go rob a convenience store. Their DPMS and Hesse DI AR's jammed at the worst time and they got overrun by AK wielding meth heads from Iran that were running the 7-Eleven.
    That is the most plausible story line I've seen in a LONG time.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Producer: "We want to do a sequel to 300."

Writer: "But everybody died."

Producer: "So what? I've got a development deal with MGM for a Thelma and Louise sequel. They bounced."

Writer: "But you can't write a decent script about a bunch of people who die before the story starts."

Producer: "What is this BS about a story? Just gimme some pages with bodybuilders hacking each other apart, throw in a bunch of opportunties for the Director of Photography to frame up some homoerotic set pieces, and leave it to me to get the financing."

Writer: "But that would just be crap."

Producer: "This is Hollywood, kid! A script isn't a good story; it's a tool to attract enough investors to keep the studio execs in hookers and blow for another quarter! If crap sells, we sell crap. Now get to work!"

Writer: "Yessir. One sequel, comin' up."

nonattrit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Fort Hood Area
    Persia tries to subjugate Greece via "300" and at the same time a great naval battle. Initially a win by the Persians both with the defeat of King Leonidas’s Allied contingent and the Greek naval blockade failing. The Greeks rebound and crush the Persia invasion. It appears this latest installment is the follow-on eventual victory by the Greeks. The “victory” is actually a couple of brutal ass kicking’s by the Greeks that lead to Persia’s retreat back to Asia around 479 BC. How they’re going to cover this in one movie? Hmmm...

FiremanLyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Round Rock
    Looking forward to this movie. While a GALACTIC amount of artistic interpretation is taken in both 300 movies, I view both as the way a drunk old Spartan sitting on a bar stool at the VFW would have told the stories of Thermopylae and Salamis, possibly up to Marathon.

Themistocles, the Naval General, was actually Athenian; though I suspect they will gloss over that detail too. Same way they gloss over the fact that Sparta, while fighting for freedom, held a violent control over the majority population of slaves used in Sparta. But it should still be a hell of a story, historically inaccurate, but good entertainment.

newguy4104

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Northeast of Dallas
    Producer: "We want to do a sequel to 300."

Writer: "But everybody died."

Producer: "So what? I've got a development deal with MGM for a Thelma and Louise sequel. They bounced."

Writer: "But you can't write a decent script about a bunch of people who die before the story starts."

Producer: "What is this BS about a story? Just gimme some pages with bodybuilders hacking each other apart, throw in a bunch of opportunties for the Director of Photography to frame up some homoerotic set pieces, and leave it to me to get the financing."

Writer: "But that would just be crap."

Producer: "This is Hollywood, kid! A script isn't a good story; it's a tool to attract enough investors to keep the studio execs in hookers and blow for another quarter! If crap sells, we sell crap. Now get to work!"

Writer: "Yessir. One sequel, comin' up."

Holy crap, I nearly spit Dr.Pepper all over the keyboard on this one!

Top Bottom