Join TexasGunTalk

.308 LPK ???

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by OldPhart, Oct 17, 2019.

1. OldPhart

OldPhart New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Is there a LPK specific to an AR-10 (actually DPMS) lower? I built this when still in California and used a regular .556 LKP with the bullet-button, not the standard mag release. The mag button fit just fine.

I've removed the BB's. The .556 builds work fine but I have run into an issue on the 7.62 lower: I can only get one complete turn on the on the Mag Release and am not comfortable. If there is a specific mag release for a 7.62 version where the threaded part is about 3/16 longer I would buy that.

2. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m 99% sure it’s the same as any MIL-spec AR lower...?

When I search for AR10 LPK on PSA’s website, it pulls up AR LPK’s with no distinction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Big Green

Big Green Pew Pew TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Does DPMS not sell that part individually? AR10s are a different beast between brands. Easiest thing is to get LPK parts from same manufacturer.

4. OldPhart

OldPhart New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    I should have been clearer....the lower is from VC Defense. It's DPMS compatible. Everything else fits perfectly. Think I'll call them when they open.

5. OldPhart

OldPhart New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Yep, they have everything I need......the mag catch is a bit longer than the 5.56 version (they said the lower is a bit wider which makes sense.)

Big Green likes this.