• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Who has had or been having problems reloading this pita cartridge? Mostly the problem with depriming! I've had some cases with a small flash hole and it breaks the depriming rod. Found this out the hard way, but hornady replaced it free. The remington cases were the issue and so far the only of the 3 that I use with small flash holes.
    Texas SOT

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Who has had or been having problems reloading this pita cartridge? Mostly the problem with depriming! I've had some cases with a small flash hole and it breaks the depriming rod. Found this out the hard way, but hornady replaced it free. The remington cases were the issue and so far the only of the 3 that I use with small flash holes.
    Thank you for sharing. Chaps me that 357 Sig is my newest caliber AND the first 150 rounds I found are Remington UMC Green/White Box. Plan was to start my brass collection by unloading them the smiley way.

Now I know to pay attention.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Thank you for sharing. Chaps me that 357 Sig is my newest caliber AND the first 150 rounds I found are Remington UMC Green/White Box. Plan was to start my brass collection by unloading them the smiley way.

Now I know to pay attention.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    These are the culprits! R P headsramp
    16170485168614911601428342286271.jpg

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Speer is has been the only other brand I've shot and the flash hole is larger. If you start depriming and hit a hard spot it's because of the smaller flash hole. Don't force it it will break after 2 to 5 rounds as mine have done.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Gonna be some crazy headstamps on my brass. Folks seem prouder of 357 Sig than 10mm. I know it's a pandemic, but I still get 10mm cheaper. Figure a decent source for brass is gonna be them blasted small primer 10mm cases that are infiltrating my collection.

No die set yet, but ... won't be the first time with the trim to length, lube, size, clean routine.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    That is strange, the only small flash I've seen is Speer. Swap your pin out to the small version, most manufacturers have one or simply turn down the pin slightly at the end.

Watch your shoulder and neck tension. Proper bullet selection and tension are critical to loading that cartridge and avoiding setback.

Top Bottom