• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Why this is the stoopidst thang I ever seent.
    Must be an answer to a question that no one asked.
    Just like that there 30 Stuper Carry.
    If it ain’t 30-06 or By god 45 ACP, I won’t shoot it. God created those 2 on the 7th day, and then he rested. Ain’t no need to go recreating the wheel.
    Just a bunch of hogwash.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Why this is the stoopidst thang I ever seent.
    Must be an answer to a question that no one asked.
    Just like that there 30 Stuper Carry.
    If it ain’t 30-06 or By god 45 ACP, I won’t shoot it. God created those 2 on the 7th day, and then he rested. Ain’t no need to go recreating the wheel.
    Just a bunch of hogwash.
    Even if this is sarcasm, I totally agree.

Personally in the year of 2023, I'm glad Remington has given us a lever action cartridge. Now society can progress to our next stage.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I would not expect a bunch of Texas hunters to understand, but this cartridge makes sense in Ohio/Indiana/Michigan/Iowa.

The problem is that the only guns Remington will be able to get this gun in, are already chambered for the .350 legend.

Henry and Marlin have their plates full with .357/.44 and .30/30 and .45-70 lever actions, they aren't going to stop and rework their rifles to shoot .360

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    The problem is that the only guns Remington will be able to get this gun in, are already chambered for the .350 legend.

Henry and Marlin have their plates full with .357/.44 and .30/30 and .45-70 lever actions, they aren't going to stop and rework their rifles to shoot .360
    :confused: I'm not following. Remington does not manufacture rifles, and Henry already released their 360 chambered rifle. Also I can't think of one modern gun chambered in 350 legend that would work with a rimmed cartridge, other that a single shot break open which would be ridiculously easy to chamber in any caliber.
    ETA- I thought of one. The Ruger American/Ranch. I don't see that one getting the Buckhammer, but time will tell.

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's almost a ballistic twin of 375 Winchester. It's pretty much the same length too. Both are straight walled, so the 360 offers nothing over the 375, and gives up just a little bit of ballistics to it. It's almost like they were just copying the 375. There's a 0.06" difference in overall length, and the rims are the same dia. The 375 pushes a 200gr bullet at 2400 fps while the 360 pushes a 180gr bullet at 2400 fps.

There's absolutely no reason for the 360 to exist other than as a "me too" cartridge.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    It's almost a ballistic twin of 375 Winchester. It's pretty much the same length too. Both are straight walled, so the 360 offers nothing over the 375, and gives up just a little bit of ballistics to it. It's almost like they were just copying the 375. There's a 0.06" difference in overall length, and the rims are the same dia. The 375 pushes a 200gr bullet at 2400 fps while the 360 pushes a 180gr bullet at 2400 fps.

There's absolutely no reason for the 360 to exist other than as a "me too" cartridge.
    Ahh, but here is a reason, and you have already said it. Most straight wall states have a maximum case length limit of.....
    you guessed it, 1.8", the exact case length of the 360BH.

Top Bottom