• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    As I recall the Mexico,Central America and South America laws were designed to prevent the build-up of citizen militias who could rise up to threaten the seated government. The thought process was that making military weapons illegal would limit citizen groups from access to large amounts of ammo in a revolt. Just consider that you can easily obtain 5 gallon tubs of 9 mms, .45 acp or .556 but there is no such availability for rounds like the .38 Super. Juan Valdez and company were just trying to keep the peasants in line, kind of like the Demos are doing in this country

gdp_11,

The laws of Costa Rica states that, "No private person may own more than ten percent of the total number of firearms possessed by the National Police."
    (I wonder how many firearms that that amount is??)

yours, satx
    Capitol Armory ad

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Recall a deputy in S. Texas shot an alleged perp in the leg with one back in the 70s and they had to cut the guys leg off. Guess its pretty powerful.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    bigwheel,

MOST .38 Super ammo is NO MORE powerful than standard .357 Magnum factory ammo.

yours, satx

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I really like the specs on this round from what I have read. Currently the EAA Witness Steel fullsize pistol in .38 Super is on my buy list. The Sig Sauer V-Crown 38 Super +P 125 GR Jacketed Hollow Point rounds have great reviews so I am looking into getting those for self defense.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    m5215,

You MAY want to at least look at the RIA 1911-style SA in .38Super. = My beloved's brother has one & it looks/shoots WELL.

Once we get our act together & get settled in Latin America, an RIA will be my EDCC piece.

yours, satx

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I actually sold off all my SAO pistols last year as I am focusing on all metal DA pistols with double stack mags now. I am sure the RIA 1911s are great pistols for what they offer.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    m5215,

Fwiw, I'm "a devoted fan of" the old 1911 style pistol. = Carried one for about 20 years in .45ACP when I was in the Army & never felt "under-armed".

Fwiw, I once owned a Colt's GM in .38 Super. (NICE pistol, imo) - I gave it to a LT of the State Judicial Police of Chihuahua (who had drooled over it, ever since he first saw it) at Christmas in 1988, when I went back OCONUS.
    ("Raul" had it engraved with his name/badge number, "decorated with" & filled with 18K gold & then fitted it with mother of pearl grips. - "GAUDY" doesn't come close to describing what it looked like, when I last saw it!!! = He never met LTG George Patton Junior, obviously.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom