• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chirodoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Academy Sports in Arlington. Some 20 packs for $25. I passed...I'd rather get robbed by someone else at this point. :(

I got a little stash. Starting to wonder if a 380 is just too costly to shoot.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    is that 20 rounds for $25 or twenty 50 round boxes... my wife just got 7 100 round boxes for $31 each at walmart yesterday

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Probably harder to find than 9mm and .45; at least here in NE Texas. That's all that's keeping me from getting a Bersa CC .380. Well that and mags are more scarce than ammo.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I ordered 2 Bersa 380 (not the CC) factory mags from yourgunparts.com and received them in less than a week, was pleasantly suprised.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Which is exactly why I ordered the kit for my 650 Dillon a coupla weeks ago, and 2k once-fired cases. Didn't think I'd EVER see the day when I'd reload .380's - but looks like I gotta. Just SO glad I bought the reloading gear!

deadeye1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    I have found the .380 is very hard to find and when you find it, it is more expensive than my .45 ammo. I pay 14.97 for my Blazer Brass target ammo at walmart, when I have seen the .380, it is at least that high or more.

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    I have found the .380 is very hard to find and when you find it, it is more expensive than my .45 ammo. I pay 14.97 for my Blazer Brass target ammo at walmart, when I have seen the .380, it is at least that high or more.

I hope that you are picking up your brass for that price, well for any price actually. I would reload it.

deadeye1964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    GRAPEVINE
    I hope that you are picking up your brass for that price, well for any price actually. I would reload it.

I do pick up my brass but I have not got into reloading yet, I usually shoot a box of 50 through my 45 about every other trip to the range, I have a couple of 9mm's and a .40 I also shoot, ammo is a little cheaper.

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    I do pick up my brass but I have not got into reloading yet, I usually shoot a box of 50 through my 45 about every other trip to the range, I have a couple of 9mm's and a .40 I also shoot, ammo is a little cheaper.

You can reload for a lot less that the cost of a box of 50 in any caliber. I cast my own lead bullets and can reload the three calibers that you mention for between 3 and 4 cents per round (that does not figure in the one time cost of equipment). You DON'T have to buy the "latest and greatest" progressive press to make good ammo. You will make it faster with a progressive, but it is NOT necessary. Besides, by using a single stage, I have lots of time to teach my children the process. One really enjoys it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Honestly, the best place to start is with some books on the subject. Also, go to a local shop and ask around for someone experienced in it that would be willing to show you the process. I've done that for a number of folks over the years - if you lived closer I'd offer to do so for you. The main thing is to go one step at a time and TAKE YOUR TIME.
    The shop I deal with, last time I was in there I spotted an older reload manual and bought it. The shop owner looked at me funny - he knew I'd been reloading a LOT, and asked why I was buying it. I asked him how many manuals HE had (he's a competition shooter and reloads himself). He grinned, and said a LOT - but that most gathered dust. I asked him the last time he looked at one of 'em, and he admitted that he'd done so within the past week.
    You'll find that a lot of times, folks will "test" you to see just how serious you are about reloading. If they don't feel you're serious enough about it to be concerned with doing it right, they'll tend to put you off. If they decide you're "real", they'll do a LOT to help ya. In this case, he put the book on the counter an' told me to give him a coupla bucks for it - WELL below what the book is worth.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The guy at a gun store was selling 380 auto for 45 bucks for 50 rounds. Regular FMJ. I said no thanks. I just haven't seen it anywhere else though. I stoped at Cabela's near Ft. Worth and they had LOTS of ammo in every caliber BUT 380. I was a little upset. I've been looking for some carbide 380 dies that didn't cost me alot so that the stash I have will alst a while.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Honestly, the best place to start is with some books on the subject. Also, go to a local shop and ask around for someone experienced in it that would be willing to show you the process. I've done that for a number of folks over the years - if you lived closer I'd offer to do so for you. The main thing is to go one step at a time and TAKE YOUR TIME.
    The shop I deal with, last time I was in there I spotted an older reload manual and bought it. The shop owner looked at me funny - he knew I'd been reloading a LOT, and asked why I was buying it. I asked him how many manuals HE had (he's a competition shooter and reloads himself). He grinned, and said a LOT - but that most gathered dust. I asked him the last time he looked at one of 'em, and he admitted that he'd done so within the past week.
    You'll find that a lot of times, folks will "test" you to see just how serious you are about reloading. If they don't feel you're serious enough about it to be concerned with doing it right, they'll tend to put you off. If they decide you're "real", they'll do a LOT to help ya. In this case, he put the book on the counter an' told me to give him a coupla bucks for it - WELL below what the book is worth.
    thanks for the tip

Retired Navy "FMF"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads