• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Had to go to Wal-Mart today and decided to go by the ammo case. Of course it only had .22 cal & .17HMr ammo, plus some shotgun shells. As I walked away I heard someone yell, "Sir did you need some ammo?' to my surprise a young man was asking me if I wanted some ammo. I told him that he didn't have what i was looking for, but thanks anyway. He tells me that he was about to bring the ammo they received, and asked what i needed. I told him I needed some 380 Auto but would take some 38 specials if he had that as well. I bought 2 boexes of 9MM WWB and 2 boxes of Remington UMC(Green/white box), one in 38 special and one in......yes that's right .380 Auto.

He told me that the limit was six boxes/per claiber, which seemed like a lot to me, but who cares all I wanted was the 380 & 38 spl. ammo.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I had posted on Saturday that Academy @ Willowbrook had 14 boxes of .380.

I'm off, this coming Friday. I'm going to check the Academy stores on this side of town. Maybe I'll get lucky again. If I do find some .380 ammo, maybe I'll go buy some Lotto tickets, as well.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm still trying to find a box of .357mag. Was up at Tomball Pawn and asked for a box. While filling out the paper work and talking to the sales guy, i didn't check the box he gave me ... .357sig.

It pains me, but I'm going to check Gander Mountain on Thursday. That's ammo day for the 290/1960 store.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    It was an incredible weekend last weekend. Throughout Friday and Saturday visiting the Waco Academy, the Round Rock Academy and the 183 and 35 Academy found 850 rounds of .380 ACP. God I was in heaven. Finally I get to put some rounds through my beautiful Mustang. It also is very difficult for my fiance to qualify on my mustang if she has no ammo to shoot through it. No I'd be happy to find some reasonably priced 357 for my SP101. That thing is a dream to shoot but sometimes you get tired of the massage that shooting 38 special gives your hand. I wand something that rips and tears. All I know is that slowly and slowly I am starting to see shelves see some more action. You just have to know when and where.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'm still trying to find a box of .357mag. Was up at Tomball Pawn and asked for a box. While filling out the paper work and talking to the sales guy, i didn't check the box he gave me ... .357sig.

If you want to get rid of the .357Sig, I'll buy it from you.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    It's a box of 50 ... not that the price is any better that way.

You guys have probably seen it already but smschulz is selling some .380 ammo here in the Houston area.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    380 Auto seems to be showing up on Cheaper Than Dirt's website too ... only $70 for a box of 50.

AMM-3211 - Ammo .380 Magtech 95 Grain FMC Box of 50 Rounds

My brother just bought six Ruger factory20 round .223 magazines from that place for $60 EACH!

He was shocked to find out that I had bought two of those magazines directly from Ruger a couple months ago when they were selling them for $30 each. (I already had 4 factory mags that I bought when the gun was new in the early '80s)

Too bad he doesn't communicate with me much.

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    I looked in a few stores in my area, no .380. But I was after 9mm anyway, so I stopped at Wally World in Kemah, they had 8 boxes of 100-rd. Winchester "Tidy Whity", so I got four. A small sporting goods store on 146 in Seabrook seemed to have a pretty good stock of a wide range of ammo, no .380 yet, they're expecting some next week. Talking with the guys in there, they said ammo is starting to loosen up a bit, and shouldn't be too long before they have a decent flow, if people quit the panic buying. He said to be patient, it'll get flowing again.

Top Bottom