• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44Mo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Has anyone out there found an easy way to sort the 380 out of their 9mm without having to handle every piece of brass????
    Military Camp

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I just polish them up together and when ready to load, I stand them up on the bench the .380's are obvious at that point. If one gets mixed in with the others you can easily weed them out when you load.

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    My husband uses this brass sorter system from MidwayUSA.com. He bought an additional adapter plate to sort out the .380s

MidwayUSA - Shell Sorter Brass Sorter 9mm Luger, 40 Smith & Wesson, 45 ACP 3 Bowl Set

MidwayUSA - Shell Sorter Brass Sorter 380 ACP adapter platehttp://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=847836

He says a few do still slip in with the 9mm, but it sorts out a good majority of the .380s.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    I'm not convinced the sorter will separate the 9mm from the 380 since they are the same diameter just a couple thousandths difference in length. I too stand them up and look at the length. Also I can eye them and get most of the 380 out when dumping them out of the tumbler. Not all though.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    I'm not convinced the sorter will separate the 9mm from the 380 since they are the same diameter just a couple thousandths difference in length. I too stand them up and look at the length. Also I can eye them and get most of the 380 out when dumping them out of the tumbler. Not all though.

Actually they are not. If you hold a 380 tip to tip with a 9mm the 380 is noticeable smaller.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    for fun you can put 380 brass upside down in a 40s&w and load only with a primer and shoot them at cans in your garage !!! they don't ricochet like a bullet and if they come back at ya it don't sting at all yes eye protection is a requirement

This is what happens when you mix young children and reloading equipment.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom