• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I hear you. For full house .357's, I love me some H110. It just gets great velocities. I probably shoot more reduced load .357's and .38 cowboy(ish) loads than anything other than 9mm. I just used CFE Pistol because at one point I could get it pretty easily. I just did a comparison on hodgdonreloading.com on 158g XTP's between CFE, Universal & TiteGroup. Check it out. The velocities aren't all over the map, and the pressure with CFE is 5000 to 8000 psi lower. I guess I look at that stuff because I have a lot of vintage guns.
    DK Firearms

45tex

TGT Addict
    Feb 1, 2009
    I own one of the few or maybe the only snubby that is specifically rated for +P+. (S&W 640 Centennial)
    +P is no fun to shoot.
    There is no real definition of +P+ but in the 80's some loaders sold it anyway
    Mistakenly fired one +P+ marked round in a .38 undercover Charter Arms, it bent the crane and cracked the barrel at the forcing cone. If I had more I'd trash it.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I've never loaded for a snub nose, but have an SP101 now, that I want to handload some light recoil, low muzzle blast .357 for a neighbor lady to try. .357, because those are the cases I have... Also, probably 160gr hard cast or 158gr XTP bullets, because those are what I have. Candidate powders I have and think would be best are Bullseye and Unique, but I also have PB, 4227, and H110.

Any suggestions?
    Hey Gil,

A 158gr cast bullet.

4.5gr of Universal or Unique (may want 4.7gr Unique, so as not to gum up the cylinder)..??

Tad over 800fps from an 8-3/8" revolver. 1150fps from cowboy rifle....

Later, Mark

Reactions: gll
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom