• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Cool, when I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be a re-post about the AR lower. Glad it's not.

Here is the video of the handgun they have come up with.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I still don't trust a plastic firearm, but i applaud the inventors spirit. Without that kind of thinking the STEN (and all the other similar, built in a pinch model firearms) wouldn't have been produced, and WWII might have played out a little differently. Now as for 3d printed magazines, count me in.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    Like Glock?

Sent from the mind of a genius. Forrealz.

If there is no metal frame under all the plastic, yes.. What can I say, I'm a metal guy. Whenever i get to looking for a handgun, my opinion might change. untill then, I'll stand by my remark of not trusting plastic firearms.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    If any of ya'll Glock owners want to change my mind, i'm more than willing to let ya'll take me to the range and put some holes in some paper. Now, if it's one of these 3d printed jobs you want me to shoot, I'll let ya'll put a couple through first. :p

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    All Glock comparisons aside I think it's an interesting step in a new direction.

Now that the file is out there, someone will print it, set up a rig, and torture test it. Then after multiple results, we'll see the weak points. From there comes improved designs and future generations. Hopefully someone here has a 3d printer and will photo document their test. I'd love to see the pictures.

Besides that, I think this design takes the ugly firearm crown away from Hi Point, so they've got to be pleased.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    All Glock comparisons aside I think it's an interesting step in a new direction.

Now that the file is out there, someone will print it, set up a rig, and torture test it. Then after multiple results, we'll see the weak points. From there comes improved designs and future generations. Hopefully someone here has a 3d printer and will photo document their test. I'd love to see the pictures.

Besides that, I think this design takes the ugly firearm crown away from Hi Point, so they've got to be pleased.

Agreed and agreed.

Top Bottom