• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt. Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go! If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not watching 31 minutes of YouTube , but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I will be elk hunting in the Las Vegas area of NM this year and am seriously looking forward to it.

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Not watching 31 minutes of YouTube , but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I will be elk hunting in the Las Vegas area of NM this year and am seriously looking forward to it.

Thanks

You'd be surprised tho, it's good quality. No shaky, all over the place filming. Photography/Film/Editing is something I do on a regular basis, but yes I agree 31 minutes is a long time haha I just wanted to capture everything that goes into a Big Game New Mexico Public Land Hunt

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    lol

Well here's some pics for you boys!!

ba4bc5d21a7baa13380e3cc96d8be7ed.jpg
    31fed212a5f02e5dbbcdd20dba248413.jpg

363d84c26cc6109477a459ad7325b31f.jpg

ca57a07a4ddaeb46ac38622beef1da30.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thanks, great pictures. I will be hunting on a good friend's property. I think it is 2600 acres.What part of New Mexico were you hunting in and did the elevation mess with you at all as far as breathing normally? His place is at 7800 ft.

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Yes and no. I was training a lot beforehand so was my partner. But one of the other guys didn't and it hit him hard.
    You get winded faster (less oxygen) but recover quick and keep pushing! The lack of oxygen the higher you go is noticeable. I've already started running and training for this year's hunt. I strongly encourage you do at least get out and start walking, maybe carrying some weight
    You'll need the endurance

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Nice elk! I really want to get a big one over my fireplace, and I LOVE elk jerky.

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Holy crap, I had no idea Elk were so damn big! They seem as large as moose, yes?

Congrats. Hope they were all clean kills.

I believe Moose are even bigger than Elk, but it's still breathtaking to walk up on an elk and realize how big they are. I couldn't even imagine a moose haha

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    Well, draw results are out... I didn't draw anything and I had put in for 4 different animals, BUT the wife got a Muley tag so she's pumped!!! I get to film the hunt so I'm pretty happy myself! May buy an Elk landowner tag if I can't fight the itch... Only time will tell but they sure are damn proud of them LO Elk tags in NM :(

dustoffjoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    That is awesome, I moved to texas from Idaho and we had some of the best DIY elk hunting in the country. Those hills will make a fat man hurt in a hurry though. The fun is over when the quartering and packing starts. Many of our areas were foot traffic only.

Alexander831

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2017
    San Antonio
    Great video u sure know what ur doing with that camera after the first 2min I was hooked and saw the 30min video. Wish u would of included a little bit of butchering and or the pack out. Can't imagine hiking all day and then having to carry 50 pound chunks of elk on my back. Hope u film and share ur wife's hunt with us.

Tgoody14

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Lake Amistad
    That is awesome, I moved to texas from Idaho and we had some of the best DIY elk hunting in the country. Those hills will make a fat man hurt in a hurry though. The fun is over when the quartering and packing starts. Many of our areas were foot traffic only.

Thanks for the compliments! And yes your right, most people don't realize what it takes to pack a quartered elk out of the bottoms!

Great video u sure know what ur doing with that camera after the first 2min I was hooked and saw the 30min video. Wish u would of included a little bit of butchering and or the pack out. Can't imagine hiking all day and then having to carry 50 pound chunks of elk on my back. Hope u film and share ur wife's hunt with us.

Haha I appreciate it man, and yea that's the plan. Gotta grab their attention right out front!
    And yes I'll definitely be making another video on the wife's hunt... Also, we may have just acquired another Elk tag for that same Unit...

Top Bottom