• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    I've been ordering .410 online from Academy. Get online, pick a store, even if it is out of stock at the store, check the delivery option. I've been getting some delivered from the Georgetown Academy plus a couple of other Academy's. Shipping is a flat $8.00, less than it would cost me to drive round trip even if it was in stock at the store. I think I paid $15.00 or $16.00 @ box for Federal dove loads. Winchester skeet load was about the same price.
    ARJ Defense ad

CaptHowdy

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Houston
    I live in the Houston area. I shoot registered skeet and 410 is one of the gauges/bores we shoot in tournaments. Most of us reload our own 410's for practice and competition. The 410 event is one of my favorite events.

Unless you want to pay the going rate of $16/box for Winchester AA's or Remington STS ammo, you're best bet is get a MEC 600jr and reload your own. I can load 6 boxes an hour on a MEC Size Master single stage.

I've recently started shooting the sub-gauge events in sporting clays for fun. So now I'm reloading the 28 ga and 410 bore in various shot sizes like #8, 7.5 and #9 for skeet.

410/28 ga ammo is available around Houston, but $16-$18 box is the going rate for factory ammo.

A lot of my components come from estate sales, people getting out of reloading, etc. I hope this sheds some light on things.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom