.410 Effective Range for Squirrels

Patience0830

Dec 27, 2020
FreeStateuv IN
Patience0830,

MAYBE SO but after a ''visiting hunter'' put a .22RF round through the windshield of a pumper's PU, my late mother said, "NO MORE rifles on the farm, except during deer season or after dark, for hunting coons/hogs.''
(The oil company personnel do NOT work on our farm after dark, unless they are hunting with permission.)

Note: My kid sister, NANCY, manages the farm now & she decided that Mother was correct about people shooting rifles on the farm & kept the farm's policy.

yours, satx
My friend, I am not saying it is wrong under the circumstances. It's just cheating. Sometimes, if you aren't cheating, you're not trying. And if you get caught you aren't trying hard enough.

Patience0830

Dec 27, 2020
FreeStateuv IN
It's a great morning here in the Hoosier state. Light steady rain and We've watched the Tom turkeys in the yard, the catbirds, orioles, hummingbirds, and woodpeckers on the feeders. Wifey's sore throat seems to have abated some and the coffee is good.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
I rarely go hungry hunting them with a rimfire.
I never failed to get any squirrels using a 22 either. But in a SHTF event, and all I had was shotgun, tree rats are going to be on the dinner plate.

That is why I like the versatility of a shotgun. Different barrels, and different ammo they can can utilized for many different needs.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads