• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Interesting. When I lived in Scottsdale we a FA shop there, that was almost all they carried, other than a few semi's they took in trade. I used to go to down and got to know them fairly well. What I noticed over on the machineguncentral.com was prices are about the same as they were then. I remember the prices of the M16's, M60's and Thompsons.

When I graduated and got my commission as a 2nd LT my Supply Sgt, Sgt Donald Ford, who seemed to ALWAYS have a almost smoked cigar in his mouth. Sgt Ford was old school, uneducated country boy who came into the Army or go to jail soldier and back then there was still more than a few of these guys around.

He presents me with a M 16 A1, FA. Of course I asked were did you get this, he just said Sir, don't ask questions, it clean and has been written off the Army books...nonetheless, I left it in the supply when I left the duty station.
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I like the idea of a corner with a sign saying you need gun money 'cause your wife won't let you spend any of the family money on it. Might work.
    Here's your sign:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5PEAogtpG9xAZEB11e6wcPlfXFKeezggJpRCCzY50xJ1kBcTYpA.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Some of those panhandlers actually live better then I do.

I was parked at a gas station waiting for a guy to come there and pick up a chair I sold on the neighborhood website.

I was at the edge of the parking lot. There was a guy panhandling on the intersection.

Before I left, that sumbitch walked over and got in his Ford Escape that was newer than mine.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Quite a few years ago there was an article written about the first gut to use a sign that said "hell, I won't lie... I need a beer"

IIRC, the reporter doing the story noted that in the hour he was observing & talking to him, he took in around $60 and a case of beer... and he left in a recent model Caddy.

I haven't given a dime to panhandlers since

Top Bottom