Guns International

.45 ACP, 230 grain FMJ bullets - source?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Saw those....but for $14/k more I can get virgin rounds....that little bit of difference isn't worth the hassle, IMO. But, I *DO* appreciate the input!!! Thanks!
    Hurley's Gold

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Tsk, Tsk.

And we were sayin' it's cheap to re-load .45 Auto not so long ago?

I have ordered directly from Hornady. Long wait. Not cheap. Best 230 grain FMJ on the market.

Wish you well.

Be well.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'll be placing an order w/precision by tomorrow....anyone wants "in", the deal is we split the costs evenly, and you have to be willing to get your part of the $$$ to me within 2-3 days of the order being placed. You'll be responsible for p/u of the rounds once they get here. Bluntly put - if you jerk around w/getting the funds for the rounds ordered for you, then you won't get 'em and I'll just send the money back. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I've done "group buys" before where someone "committed", then didn't send their money and either flaked or came in and expected to be able to pay after it'd be on my CC for a month. Ain't gonna happen....<G>

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Group buys on an internet forum seldom work out well, unless they are buds in the neighborhood or at work.

Good luck.

Be well.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I would but am in Dallas.

At 10k you only get..what 6$ off per K so. For 200 you get 1k 45 and 1k 9 so you spend 1000 to save 60$. Not sure how much sense that makes, in regards to the hassle that could develop. Now if you are hitting 10k by yourself and opening up then I agree with your attitude 100% as you are doing them a favor.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I agree - but wanted to toss it out in case there was someone local wanting to do something. That's why I'm not willing to jump through any "hoops" to try to put a large buy together - the numbers just don't justify it. I HAVE seen GB's number into (literally) the hundred-thousand dollar order range, so it happens - but generally it's because the poor sap putting it together has NO idea of what they're letting themselves in for!<G>
    GB's need to be run cleanly and quick - or else it gets everyone upset.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Whatever you do don't order from TheBulletworks.net ! I ordered from them a month ago, they charged me the same day, 2 weeks went by and nothing, I emailed requesting a confirmation, no response. I called, they gave me the run around and then the main guy said he would take care of it himself. Two minutes later I get two emails saying it shipped, twoo weeks have gone by and nothing. Called and got the tracking number, USPS says it means it was scheduled for picup but may not have ever been received. BS BS BS BS

Guess I will try Precision and see how it goes after I cancel the charge on thebulletworks.net

Top Bottom