• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danderso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2020
    Fannin Co
    Does anyone have any favourite loads for an antique M1917 eating 45 Auto Rim? I've mostly got soft lead 230 grain and the standard 230 grain fmj.
    As always, I'm responsible for sanity checking my own stuff before I pull any triggers. I'm just interested to see if anyone has any good experiences to share.
    Target Sports

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    I usually load 200 gn with WST powder in my 45 but I was given a bag of 500 of the 230 gn RN lead by a reloading friend.
    I will interested in what kind of responses you get.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Most load manuals are pretty conservative with loads for the Auto Rim, due to the age of most of the guns shooting it. There's plenty of published data out there. I generally use starting loads or just over, for my 1937 S&W.

bdhawk

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Does anyone have any favourite loads for an antique M1917 eating 45 Auto Rim? I've mostly got soft lead 230 grain and the standard 230 grain fmj.
    As always, I'm responsible for sanity checking my own stuff before I pull any triggers. I'm just interested to see if anyone has any good experiences to share.
    i did not have a real need to load .45 auto rim. i have a model of 1989 smith and wesson 625 that uses moon clips. but, just for the heck of it, and i like fooling around with stuff, i dug out some old .45 acp dies and ordered a shell holder. oh, yeah, i had to order brass, too. the loads in my manuals had auto rim in the mid to low range loads, so i stuck with them. my 625 can handle hotter loads, but i kept the faith.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I cut the 45 Autorim cases down to .760" and load 265 gr hollow base round nose cast lead for my shaved (ruined) MK VI Webley revolver.

5 gr of Win 231 and I'm good-to-go. (MK II smokeless loading)

Top Bottom