• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Wdege, I just dusted off my Lee progressive reloader. It is set up in .45 acp. Auto case feed, auto prime and auto powder measure. All you do is pull the handle and ploace a bullet on the next case in line. 1 pull one loaded round. Just pay attention to your powder level and make sure you don't run out of primers... 100 rounds in about 5 min when it is set up right. Even with a turrent loader, I can still put out 100 rounds in 10 min or less. No problem about compressed powder... I use bullseye, 5.2 gr with a 200 gr. total jacket bullet. About 850 fps. Good for target shooting. Look for used equipment on-line, in the local paper, at garage sales.... usually can pick it up very cheap. MG

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    What Walmart are you finding 45. I go to 4 different ones every week and they never have 45. Where is Academy at? Reloading ive thought about but of course initial costs,time to do it and space to do it. How fast can you load 100 rounds? You have me interested. One more ? is it safe to reload with compresion of the powder and all. Sorry about the rookie questions just have never reloaded.

Both the Missouri City and 59/Airport have it. I picked up 100 rounds (WWB) Monday on my way to Top Gun. Today I stopped at the Sugar Land Academy and picked up 300 of 9mm and 200 of 45 (100 round boxes of Remington).

mjgray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Bay City Texas
    Looking at reloading myself, what would your recommendation be when it comes to equipment. Looking to reload 9mm, 45ACP, and 40 for the most part as well as 38 and 45 colt.

Thanks

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Wdege, I just dusted off my Lee progressive reloader. It is set up in .45 acp. Auto case feed, auto prime and auto powder measure. All you do is pull the handle and ploace a bullet on the next case in line. 1 pull one loaded round. Just pay attention to your powder level and make sure you don't run out of primers... 100 rounds in about 5 min when it is set up right. Even with a turrent loader, I can still put out 100 rounds in 10 min or less. No problem about compressed powder... I use bullseye, 5.2 gr with a 200 gr. total jacket bullet. About 850 fps. Good for target shooting. Look for used equipment on-line, in the local paper, at garage sales.... usually can pick it up very cheap. MG

WOW! What are you are you taking!!! It takes me more than ten minutes to load 100 on my progressive. I know I'm kind of slow, and particular about looking carefully at the powder level.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Shorts - got your 250 rounds I picked up in Houston earlier today...I'm in Farmers Branch tonight, have meetings here in the morning, then will head your way early tomorrow afternoon.

As to reloaders....I love my Dillon 650 - 800 rounds/hour is pretty easy to accomplish, and I'm VERY watchful when I run, but the design and my loading regimen makes it easy to maintain a watchful eye on the charge just before I seat the bullet. I've got enough to run 30k+ rounds on hand at any given time. Sure makes it nice for when I wanna go out and do some serious range time!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Shorts - got your 250 rounds I picked up in Houston earlier today...I'm in Farmers Branch tonight, have meetings here in the morning, then will head your way early tomorrow afternoon.

As to reloaders....I love my Dillon 650 - 800 rounds/hour is pretty easy to accomplish, and I'm VERY watchful when I run, but the design and my loading regimen makes it easy to maintain a watchful eye on the charge just before I seat the bullet. I've got enough to run 30k+ rounds on hand at any given time. Sure makes it nice for when I wanna go out and do some serious range time!

Sounds good.

Everybody read that?! I'm meeting with TexasRedneck tomorrow so if I go missing, it was him!

Can't be too careful these days

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I aim to please :p

Thanks for heading my way with the loot. I'm glad we had the chance to visit too. Hopefully the rest of your day wasn't too hectic with the weather and travel.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks - it was good to meet you, too! Thanks for the company at lunch - too many of 'em are spent alone when you're on the road! Hit some pretty good rain, but made it to Round Rock 'bout 8 or so....4 meetings tomorrow, then I head for home!

Navarone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Dallas
    For anyone in the DFW area, Wal-Mart in cockrell hill just restocked on a TON of Federal and .45 acp 230 grain FMJ's. They are running for about 15 bucks per 50 round box.

Top Bottom