Patriot Mobile

4th of July and "illegal" fireworks teaching moment.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Anyone here live in a residential area or state where fireworks are banned and have them going off like crazy last night, and possibly all week despite the ordinances\laws?
    I'd just like to point there are many parallels between that and any gun control laws and that it can be a teaching moment for anti gunners we run into.
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    but think of all the children we cant be having fireworks someone might shoot there eye out or blow a finger off god forbid burn down several structures.

I hate people and rules that protect me from myself. I made it 45 years and still have all my fingers, toes and eyes. And I have done alot of stuff that would make the cry babies pass out.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hhhmmm.

I live very close to a forest.

It could easily be ignited with one stray, big firework.

Sometimes, fireworks restrictions make sense.

Last year, I found a huge rocket in my back yard with a scorch mark all around it.

If it has landed in the woods, bye bye house.

Every 4th I live in fear of this very thing happening as I've neighbors who go ape-shit with fireworks with little care as to where they land.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    t it can be a teaching moment for anti gunners we run into.

Couldn't it also bolster some anti-gunners resolve in believing that all out bans are the only thing that may work? They will argue if guns/fireworks weren't available a town, state or region over, then their overall use would drop.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Legal, but 'banned' by HOA in our area. Last night wasn't too bad, they were pretty much done by 11pm. Some years they are still going at 1am. I guess they were a bit more considerate with it not falling on a weekend.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    California has a statewide fireworks ban on stuff like firecrackers and bottle rockets. All over San Diego County you can hear fireworks being set off. If you go out on public lands after this weekend you can find spent fireworks everywhere.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just learned from my Mom that under Florida law (Statute 791), only sparklers, approved by the Florida Division of State Fire Marshal, are legal for consumer usage.

It is illegal to use exploding and/or flying fireworks in Florida, which include: shells and mortars, multiple tube devices, Roman candles, rockets and firecrackers; even if they're available for purchase. A loophole in the law allows customers to buy them if they say they're intending to use the fireworks for lawful purposes, including certain uses in agriculture and mining.

Firework displays on private or residential property is also against Florida law.

Florida law classifies it as a first-degree misdemeanor, which means those convicted could face up to a year in prison, a $1,000 fine and court costs.

Yet, there were plenty of them flying through the air last night! :(

By the way, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York have banned consumer use of all fireworks as well!

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Doc the police actually Enforce this law in Texas? Meaning do you know anyone who ever got a ticket for it?

l8tr597

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Too hot here for them to party all night, but in Texas they're legal anyway, of course they're mostly weak, to me the best ones are the mortar rounds in like 4" and I want at least a 1/4 report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l8tr597

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Doc the police actually Enforce this law in Texas? Meaning do you know anyone who ever got a ticket for it?

Not "seen" it, mostly they will only warn, but sure, if it gets outta hand, enough ppl complain, or the big one, someone gets hurt, or ruins property, then the tickets come out, to bolster any courtroom battles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Almost all my neighbors had them despite signs being posted at the entrance to my community.

Back home they were illegal in the entire state. If you wanted them you bought them illegally out of someone's truck or drove two states over. Everyone had them and it wasn't enforced either.

Seems like a silly thing to ban.

Top Bottom