• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • java

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    here
    This year will be my 5th chl, now that finger prints are electronic will I have to get them done?
    Will I need to take photos and attend classes?
    I was trying to get this info from the state web site but it sems to be down.
    Venture Surplus ad

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    The fingerprints currently on file will be checked to see if they are acceptable. That will determine whether electronic prints are required. In my case, I was not required to submit electronic prints.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    DPS now will attempt to use your on file prints and photo. On renewal you do not submit prints or photo unless DPS specifically requests it.

Also, Java, if you took the renewal class 5 years ago on your 3rd renewal then you do not need it this time.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    DPS now will attempt to use your on file prints and photo. On renewal you do not submit prints or photo unless DPS specifically requests it.

Also, Java, if you took the renewal class 5 years ago on your 3rd renewal then you do not need it this time.
    I have received my renewal notice without any other instruction. Does that mean DPS WILL use existing prints/photo or will they inform me after renewal packet is sent?

Is there a chart describing when renewal training no longer applies? I didn't see one on their site.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have received my renewal notice without any other instruction. Does that mean DPS WILL use existing prints/photo or will they inform me after renewal packet is sent?

Is there a chart describing when renewal training no longer applies? I didn't see one on their site.

Yes. DPS will use your prints and photo on file. Only if there is problem with them will they need new ones.

CHL Renewal.wmv - YouTube

Hope this is useful.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I couldn't read everything in the video but understand that on and after the 5th renewal, no further renewal training is required. Thanks TI.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom