• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    Anyone try the Tac-lites? Opinions?

I have been wearing the original 5.11's for about 7 years now. When I tried on the Tac-Lite Pros they were even more comfortable. They don't fade as fast as the originals, but they are for warm weather use only because I tried wearing them in the winter and that windy chill blows right up the crack. LOL! IMO 2 thumbs up!!! LA Police Gear has them for cheap.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Just won 2 pairs on ebay for 57.00 total (plus shipping of course) of the Tac-lites. Bought time I actually won something

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Got em today, very nice. Gotta wear em in a bit, but overall very comfortable.

The hike em up strap is a great addition. Can't even say how many pair of levi's I ripped the belt loops off on hiking em up.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Just won 2 pairs on ebay for 57.00 total (plus shipping of course) of the Tac-lites. Bought time I actually won something

You aren't using a free bid sniper?
    I used to win so much I nearly went broke <grin>

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I just found some Gall's pants with the tag still on a a resale shop for 4.99. 5.11 makes good products. I just ordered their rush 72 backpack, it's got lots of organizers in it.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    It's on the way, but just pull up reviews 5.11 Rush 72 backpack and it gets top ratings. If our troops praise it, it has to be good.

kimbercarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Waco
    I have 2 pairs of the 5.11's one is the cotton and the other the Tac Lite pants..The cotton pants are heavy and hot in the summer. Another draw back to the cotton is that they fade after several washes. The Tac lite pants are excellent in the summer and they hold their color much better than the cotton.... Simple solution is to wear the cotton in the winter and the Tac pants during the summer months.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    Im sold on these things since I found out they have mag pouches in the cargo pckets and I can keep 2 1911 mags in each front thigh pocket. I can carry very near a basic combat load in these things by themselves! And they're comfy as hell!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Im sold on these things since I found out they have mag pouches in the cargo pckets and I can keep 2 1911 mags in each front thigh pocket. I can carry very near a basic combat load in these things by themselves! And they're comfy as hell!

That's why I like them. If I'm going to an armed site that is not likely to produce any violence I can use the mag/cell phone pouch above the left cargo pocket and spare myself the mag pouch on my belt and just wear my gun and my leatherman. Cause you don't put a uniform on without a leather man or you're out of uniform! LOL! I can also put my Leatherman in the pouch and save some belt space if I need it. And as far as the cargo pockets go I have a Little first aid kit with some essentials in it in the cargo's and they're not so bulky that it annoys me.

Top Bottom