• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy4bb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Liberty
    I've gotta Ruger mini 30 but not gonna pay $400/ 1000 rnds; thinking of putting it up & starting over. buying a rifle for 5.45x39 russian & a crate of ammo. anybody got recomendations of which rifles might be a little better than another or which ones to stay away from; looking at a wasr romanian or bulgarian. What do yall think?? thanks, randy4bb
    Capitol Armory ad

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I've gotta Ruger mini 30 but not gonna pay $400/ 1000 rnds; thinking of putting it up & starting over. buying a rifle for 5.45x39 russian & a crate of ammo. anybody got recomendations of which rifles might be a little better than another or which ones to stay away from; looking at a wasr romanian or bulgarian. What do yall think?? thanks, randy4bb

An AK is an AK is an AK.

None are "Romanian" or "Bulgarian" any more, anyway - they're a mixmaster of US and foreign parts.

Unless you're wanting an East German bolt action sniper rifle in 5.45x39. Those are hard to find.

technoronin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    just trying to find something to shoot that has ammo available & i found some 5.45 for cheap price..........randy

Look at 7.62x54R. Lots of Mosin Nagants still available starting under $100 and the PSL/ROMAK-3 is a nifty semiauto.

Ammo starts at about $150 for 880 rounds of surplus.

Yeah, I'm hooked.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Or build an AR-15 with a S&W 5.45 upper.

I would not recommend that.

Shooting the cheap corrosive 5.45x39 through an AR is NOT something I want to be cleaning.

The goal the OP is striving for is to shoot "cheap ammo". I'd assume he doesn't want to tear up a gun doing it.

Top Bottom