• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Walking to one of my outbuildings about an hour ago. Put my foot down on a baby copperhead just as I saw him and did quite the dance. Didn't know I could still move like that or jump that high.
    He was on a concrete sidewalk, so I had to wait for him to crawl off in the dirt only to miss him three or four times with the Glock. Got him and his sister before I emptied the G42.
    By then, help had shown up with a maglite and a shotgun. It was loaded with buckshot so the next 3 belly-crawlers were sent to meet their maker in very small pieces.
    I reloaded the 12 gauge with birdshot and started hunting. I got 8 total in the next fifteen minutes. Recovered five partials.
    These were all in the fenced part of my yard where the dogs are during the day. I wasn't too eager to wade through the grass to recover the bits and pieces. I'll be picking up snake parts, shotgun hulls, and shell-casings tomorrow.
    Watch out. Belly-crawlers abound.
    Guns International

Attachments

• 20210620_221246.jpg
      20210620_221246.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 289

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Interesting choice of footwear for snake hunting.

Not how I'd go but okay.

Hopefully you're all out of Copperheads now.
    It was a "spontaneous" hunt. I had been painting a bedroom - hence the paint on my Sunday footwear! Five minutes earlier I was barefoot for the previous trip down the sidewalk.
    And, so do I!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Damn! I've been leary of taking the dogs out around the house on their evening walk because of the snake potential, haven't seen a snake on the property in a few weeks, but last week my neighbor was kind enough to help me mow my pasture (two mowers got the job done faster than one) and he said he almost got a copperhead that I scared with my mower, as he was mowing a track a little ways away and the thing was coming his direction.

Lot of baby snakes in those pix, and honestly the babies give me more concern than big ones, because the babies are harder to spot.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Wife once protected my kenneled bird dogs from a cottonmouth with a shovel and pitchfork. I thought that was an interesting choice of weapons since there was a hoe right beside them in the horse barn. Her story is that she tried to hold him with the shovel and impale him on the pitchfork. Finally got all the tines in him despite his vigorous and stinky objections. She then beat him a few times with the shovel and flung him towards the lake with the pitchfork. Damn brave woman.

Top Bottom