.50 Beowulf - Alexander Arms - AR Upper

Texas1911

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Had a customer bring one of these in yesterday and he let me put a round through it. I have to say, it's damn good fun.

The case on the round looks kinda goofy. It's basically the same overall size as .500 S&W with another ~2mm of case length, but it uses a smaller primer and a lesser diameter rim (like .50 AE has). I think the grain weight was around 340, and it uses a soft point.

Good kick even with a muzzle brake, and a nice big-bore report.

Me want.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 6, 2008
Whitesboro, TX
Had a customer bring one of these in yesterday and he let me put a round through it. I have to say, it's damn good fun.

The case on the round looks kinda goofy. It's basically the same overall size as .500 S&W with another ~2mm of case length, but it uses a smaller primer and a lesser diameter rim (like .50 AE has). I think the grain weight was around 340, and it uses a soft point.

Good kick even with a muzzle brake, and a nice big-bore report.

Me want.

A guy on another forum that lives near me invited me over to shoot his when I was considering one. He said you better be a re-loader if you get one cause ammo is high, high, high. I didn't take him up on his offer because he said if I ever shot it, I'd be hooked. I'm hooked on enough as it is.

Products discussed on TGT

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts