$50 buy back

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by DCortez, Mar 1, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Lorcin, Jenkins, Jimenez, and Ravens will be coming out of the woodwork, hahah.

3. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
  4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
  5. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Betcha ATF will be watching.Any word on how many people turned in their guns for food?

6. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've always wanted to set up a table across the street from a gun buy back, to try to get first dibs on anything worthwhile....as least let people know the actual value of what they're about to only get $50 for.

7. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    My neighbor and me joked about this the other day. We'd be across the way with a table offering $75 IN CASH for a firearm. vs. $50 in grocery gift card. I cant believe a gun owner would be so stupid to turn in a gun at that amount. As far as I understand the gun must be operational??

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Operational, yea.

Now if any of you guys want to get rid of that old Colt, Kimber, Sig, Beretta, or S&W, let me know first!

9. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    i know im getting off topic here but, back last year when the politicians and the auto dealers wanted to get rid the older cars in this state, people turned in some really old junk vehicles sitting on blocks etc, i wonder if it has something to do with this plan to be operational??

10. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    IMO, anyone that gives into the BS of the gun buy back shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm in the first place.

"Gun buy-back". Look at that term. How can the cops or whoever run these things call them a "buy-back" when they never owned the gun they are buying back to begin with? It is just a sugar coated term for 'Gun Surrender with a reward for being good sheeple'. These programs are designed for one thing, disarm the law abiding legal gun owners by making them think it is for the good of society. By participating in one, a person is literally giving up his right to own, keep and bear arms!