• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Betcha ATF will be watching.Any word on how many people turned in their guns for food?

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've always wanted to set up a table across the street from a gun buy back, to try to get first dibs on anything worthwhile....as least let people know the actual value of what they're about to only get $50 for.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    My neighbor and me joked about this the other day. We'd be across the way with a table offering $75 IN CASH for a firearm. vs. $50 in grocery gift card. I cant believe a gun owner would be so stupid to turn in a gun at that amount. As far as I understand the gun must be operational??

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    i know im getting off topic here but, back last year when the politicians and the auto dealers wanted to get rid the older cars in this state, people turned in some really old junk vehicles sitting on blocks etc, i wonder if it has something to do with this plan to be operational??

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    IMO, anyone that gives into the BS of the gun buy back shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm in the first place.

"Gun buy-back". Look at that term. How can the cops or whoever run these things call them a "buy-back" when they never owned the gun they are buying back to begin with? It is just a sugar coated term for 'Gun Surrender with a reward for being good sheeple'. These programs are designed for one thing, disarm the law abiding legal gun owners by making them think it is for the good of society. By participating in one, a person is literally giving up his right to own, keep and bear arms!

Retired Navy "FMF"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX.

proudamerican831

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Monterey California
    Don't those folks know about gunbroker.com? I bet the cops do. Has anyone ever seen the guns on gunbroker that have the receiver cut or handguns with no frames?
    I often wondered if they come from these, cheat you out of your guns schemes. I am sure many of these guns turned in are hot, I wonder if they are checked to see if the rightful owner can get them back?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I see it as an attempt to get some stolen guns off the street. Maybe where somebody only paid $20 and knows it's stolen. I guarantee you won't see any Kimbers or HK's....mostly old junk, mostly stolen. I've seen some pics from other 'buy-backs' and what they had was not worth $50 cumulatively.

They are not going for the high-end collector demographic here.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I saw that someone turned in a tec 9 and a nice smith and wesson revolver.All the others looked like junk anyway.What a bunch of screwballs.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Chris' response:

In regards to Kroger's involvement in the Gun Buyback Program:
    I am sending out a mass apology to everyone affected by my response to the Gun Buyback Program. It was entirely my fault - I sent out incorrect information. I was not entirely educated on Kroger's stance on the gun buyback program, and therefore I took information off of a website provided in our information. I did not properly read the website, and those statements actually came from the State of Oregon, rather than Kroger. Again, this is entirely my fault, I did make a mistake and I am truly sorry for this.
    About Kroger's involvement with the buyback program - Kroger has absolutely NO involvement in this. These states purchased gift cards from our stores because statistically we are the store most shopped at in these states. The states purchased gift cards from us - we in no way had anything to do with what they were using the cards for, nor did we provide any sponsorship or funding to these programs (this includes ALL states I mentioned in my original response). I have also received some statements about the discounts provided on the gift cards. This in no way has anything to do with the program or what the cards were being used for - anyone who purchases gift cards from us in bulk receives a certain discount based on how many they purchase.
    I sincerely apologize for my mistake - I in no way intended on offending anyone or intentionally sending out misinformation. I have been coached for the mistakes and am currently working with a supervisor to become more knowledgeable on the subject.

I wonder how many people sent emails.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Unbelievable that people would give up an instrument of freedom for $50.00.
    What the American people don't know is what makes them American people. Mercy.
    Although, I agree we need those zinc guns off the streets, they are junk.

whit128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Central Texas, Williamson County
    Hey, maybe those people don't need their guns to make them feel secure. Maybe trading that junky gun for $50.00 worth of food makes a lot more sense to somebody living on $1000.00 a month in state funding. Maybe boiled or fried Raven pistols dont have the nutrients required for several children who are hungry. Maybe the cops feel that the same households that would trade a firearm for a $50.00 gift card are the same ones that don't properly secure weapons from the reach of children.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    This event was over by the time this was posted.

Dumb nonetheless. The cops buy a bunch of crap guns that barely work and probably haven't been used for decades. Only the "no questions asked" buy-backs (offering considerably more dough) have a snowball's chance of getting the kind of "guns off the street" that anyone worries about.

Top Bottom