• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No, I use a Safety Harbor. The company was formed after the owners of Serbu split due to disagreements.

They are pretty much identical companies making pretty much identical products under different names.

I did a lot of homework before buying mine.

Good to know. I guess I won't have any trepidation about firing it again if you make it to Hicksville again (well besides the whole recoil making you black out for half a second thing :roflsmile:)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT WARNING!

... if you make it to Hicksville again (well besides the whole recoil making you black out for half a second thing
    If you just want to experience recoil, I've got a .340 Weatherby custom that weighs under 6 pounds. I could bring it to Hicksville.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    That gun in those pictures just looks cheaply made. I wouldn't trust it with a .50 cal round, and I guess my instincts are backed up.

I think YG's is the only non-barrett .50 cal platform I would trust pulling the trigger on. The bullpup .50's-I don't care who it's made by. That's just too much boom, too close to my face for my comfort. lol

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    That gun in those pictures just looks cheaply made. I wouldn't trust it with a .50 cal round, and I guess my instincts are backed up.

I think YG's is the only non-barrett .50 cal platform I would trust pulling the trigger on. The bullpup .50's-I don't care who it's made by. That's just too much boom, too close to my face for my comfort. lol

I just like to live dangerously :green:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)

Is Grumpers bullpup 50 a barrett?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Barretts are proven, I wouldn't have a problem shooting anything made by them.

Same with some other manufacturers for .50 BMG rifles. The most accurate and well made BMG rifles on the market are minimalist bullpup style rifles.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'll stick to my Boys ATR converted to .50 BMG from .55 Boys. I feel very safe with a platform that has been downsized from it's original cartridge rather than one that may be stressing a platform originally designed for a less robust cartridge. The Boys has a massive lock-up and everything is happening a good distance from your face, neck, or head and if anything ever did let go, which it wouldn't, there is a large metal shoulder guard to stop anything coming back.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'll stick to my Boys ATR converted to .50 BMG from .55 Boys. I feel very safe with a platform that has been downsized from it's original cartridge rather than one that may be stressing a platform originally designed for a less robust cartridge. The Boys has a massive lock-up and everything is happening a good distance from your face, neck, or head and if anything ever did let go, which it wouldn't, there is a large metal shoulder guard to stop anything coming back.

The uppers are not stressing a platform designed for another cartridge. They are designed for .50 BMG.

I think you are stepping outside of your knowledge base on this one. It's apparent that you don't understand how the uppers work or their relationship with the lower.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The uppers are not stressing a platform designed for another cartridge. They are designed for .50 BMG.

I think you are stepping outside of your knowledge base on this one. It's apparent that you don't understand how the uppers work or their relationship with the lower.
    I was referring to .50BMG uppers on ARs...as in my opinion is that I'll stick to a purpose built, robust platform to fire the .50BMG from rather than attaching an UPPER to a LOWER built to handle the recoil of a much smaller cartidge. Just voicing my choice of platforms. It's apparent you don't understand English my friend.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You can't put a .50bmg upper on a standard AR lower. You can put it on a lower modeled after an AR lower that has been beefed up to handle the larger upper, though.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was referring to .50BMG uppers on ARs...as in my opinion is that I'll stick to a purpose built, robust platform to fire the .50BMG from rather than attaching an UPPER to a LOWER built to handle the recoil of a much smaller cartidge. Just voicing my choice of platforms. It's apparent you don't understand English my friend.

I knew exactly what you were saying, and I know exactly how they work.

It's apparent that my first assertion was correct.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You can't put a .50bmg upper on a standard AR lower. You can put it on a lower modeled after an AR lower that has been beefed up to handle the larger upper, though.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Nope, standard lower.

Well, it's gotta be multi-cal;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom