• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Doesn't take much looking to see Vulcans reputation with BMGs. I thought they had stopped making them do to all the problems.

If I was that guy I would try to sue them for a REALLY nice Barrett and a lifetime supply of ammo.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I don't know if it is the same one, since there appears to be several Vulcan misfires on the web, but it apparently happened when loading it.
    I am always sorry to hear of anyone being injured by a firearm, but this incident does not appear to be the fault of the shooter.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Sorry to see the guy get hurt

I stay far away from any Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorne firearm or whatever they call themselves these days

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have read in the past where some ranges won't allow Vulcan 50's on their range....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There was an amazingly long interval before someone started yelling for a cease fire. After that, a range officer (I think) starts yelling for "a shitton of towels". That's not the sort of response that gives me the warm fuzzies.

Last edited:

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    This is why I refuse to shoot bullpup .50 bmgs.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

I'd actually prefer the M95 to the M82A1. Just gotta be sure that you're not gonna be reloading .50BMG if you're a beginner at it, and take care of your equipment.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I'd actually prefer the M95 to the M82A1. Just gotta be sure that you're not gonna be reloading .50BMG if you're a beginner at it, and take care of your equipment.

Still won't sell me on it. Hell, a kaboom in an M82A1 is a big deal, and very potentially harmful. But at least its not directly under your yapper. Besides, I'm a lefty. M95 no worky for me

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Still won't sell me on it. Hell, a kaboom in an M82A1 is a big deal, and very potentially harmful. But at least its not directly under your yapper. Besides, I'm a lefty. M95 no worky for me.

Yeah, that'll definitely do it for ya. I like the M95 because it's overall shorter with a slightly longer barrel. Plus the bolt action is slightly more accurate than the semi-auto (I know, with .50BMG that's really semantics, but it's something to consider).

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm betting the gun manufacturer blames the ammo; ammo manufacturer blames the gun. Guy in the vid loses; everyone else is happy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

2 things.

1: I agree that it most likely fired out of battery. There is no damage to the locking lugs or bolt face except for the missing extractor, doesn't appear to be any damage to the receiver either. Wonder if he tried to do his own trigger job or if that model doesn't prevent the hammer from dropping with the bolt open.

If the guy had been hammering the bolt closed he's a dumbass.

2: the guy who wrote the article obviously doesn't understand how "AR platform .50s" work. Nothing about them makes them more dangerous than a standard bolt action .50.

No standard AR parts are subjected to overwhelming force. The locking lugs and chamber take the pressure just like any other bolt action. The lower hangs on the pins just like a regular AR, and revoil goes strait back through the receiver, buffer tube, stock, just like an AR. It's a straight line and the for e is not applied to the pins, nor will shooting it cause the lower receiver to explode in a massive fireball of pain and death.

Well, if your not careful you can break the front ears off the lower when you open it up. Don't want to let the barrel swing like you can on a standard AR.

But, with .50 BMG being what it is things need to be built right. Bohica/Vulcan have a terrible reputation for bad chambers and KBs. This is in their more traditional rifles as well as the uppers.

I'd be happy to let anybody look mine over and see how it all works.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yikes....that's not the same 50 upper that younggun uses is it?

No, I use a Safety Harbor. The company was formed after the owners of Serbu split due to disagreements.

They are pretty much identical companies making pretty much identical products under different names.

I did a lot of homework before buying mine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom