• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So June 30th I stepped on the scale and hit a personal best - 332 lbs.

I asked myself what was the next step. 340? Then what? So my bride and I started MyFitnessPal app and counted every last calorie ingested. My calorie limit is 2510/day to lose 1 lb/week. I started with the treadmill as well. Now up to 3 miles/day at 4 mph with 5 lb wrist weights pumping each arm with each step. Only wear the weights for the first mile or so. Need to build up to the whole 3 miles.

17 weeks in and I’m down to 277. Years ago my fighting weight was 265. I think I’ll drop another 17 and maintain. My bride is down almost 20. She looks awesome.

Never tried to lose weight before. If you stick to it, weighing and measuring everything is a PITA...but it works.
    Lynx Defense

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Congrats! I used to lift weights religiously (but was still a fatty) and slacked off the last couple years. Recently lost 32 pounds in 3 months with keto and bike riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So June 30th I stepped on the scale and hit a personal best - 332 lbs.

I asked myself what was the next step. 340? Then what? So my bride and I started MyFitnessPal app and counted every last calorie ingested. My calorie limit is 2510/day to lose 1 lb/week. I started with the treadmill as well. Now up to 3 miles/day at 4 mph with 5 lb wrist weights pumping each arm with each step. Only wear the weights for the first mile or so. Need to build up to the whole 3 miles.

17 weeks in and I’m down to 277. Years ago my fighting weight was 265. I think I’ll drop another 17 and maintain. My bride is down almost 20. She looks awesome.

Never tried to lose weight before. If you stick to it, weighing and measuring everything is a PITA...but it works.
    OK - here's the update. 63 lbs down. Weighed in at 269 three days in a row. Started hitting the iron pile last month. So I've decided 260 is the target and re-distributing the weight from where it goes when you leave it alone at 55 to where it belongs when you do something about it. I really appreciate the support of you folks. Physically, I feel better than I have in 15 years...

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Awesome work. I’m closing in on 30 down with many more to go. Doing the calorie counting through LoseIt but same concept. Trying to maintain or lose a little through the rest of the year then back at it hard January.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I got up to 350 plus a little over a decade ago.

I'm at about 230 now which is where I was when I used to work and lift weights but it sure looks different now than it did then, lol.

I fight disability so besides my puttering round the house I can walk a mile 3 times a week along with 100 or so pushups. I'm just extremely limited in how much activity I can do before the pain is almost panic inducing and then im bedd ridden for a day or so. I also need pain meds to do what little I do.

That said, it can be done. It may be a slow process but slow n steady wins this race.

I'm diabetic but dont need insulin and hope to stop or lower my meds soon. They're fraking expensive.

Keep it up. The life you save will be your own.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Congratulations! It is a hard road, I know. After slacking off for almost a year, I started off on 10/23/2020 at 225 with a goal of 50 lb to take me down to 175. I will be 72 in a few weeks, so weight loss is not as easy as it used to be. Monday will make 90 days on the program and I am down exactly 30 lbs as of today. I have been using Keto and Intermittent Fasting with an 18/6 eating schedule but stretching it to a 20/4 and sometimes a full 24 hour fast. I use the CarbManager phone app to track everything.

My wife is giving me fits and complaining that I am acting like an old fool, but I had a massive heart attack a number of years back and I know I am looking at a shortened life span and I want to be around to see my twin grandbabies born and spend a few years with them.

Keep up the good work OP and the rest of you who posted.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Congrats! I dropped 45lbs a few years ago and have kept it off. It feels great! Granted much of that weight loss was due to an overpriced diabetes medication "side effects".

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Moving out to the sticks without the takeout joint the wife & I like should get use started. I'll be near a big lake & might just take up fishing. The trip to the grocery store is 30 minutes & running the current 3 minutes down should cut out more.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Download the My fitness pal app and count every single calorie. I’ve averaged 10 lbs per month loss. I’m working out six days a week too though. So that has accelerated the drop I’m sure.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I too have started to lose weight due to Diabetes. Said to lose weight and eat better and exercise. Last May I started after my last DR. appt. at 247. Down 60 lbs today mostly through intermittent fasting and keto and eating less when I do eat. Hasn't been that hard but kind of tedious. I feel much better so there is that. Blood sugar should be around normal this time so going to try and reduce some meds if DR agrees.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I got labs back today for my next endocrinologist visit. A1C when this started was 12.6 and todays results after eating better/fasting and minor row/bike workouts for 15 minutes each has resulted in a A1C of 5.6 today. Going to lose another 20 and then try and get off medicine if possible.
    Dang - that A1C was not good. Glad you made the change.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dont want to toot my horn, phuck that bs.... toot too loudly, but I'm down to 218 lbs on my scale. At the end of November after surgery I was 238 lbs on my scale. 20 lbs inn 3 months. Nice slow steady weight loss.

I see the doc next month and hope I can get off some of my meds as well.

It's been a long journey thru lots of surgeries but I was 350 about 9 years ago.

I was 225 lbs back when I was still working but I was a big weight lifter so it looks a lot different 20 plus years later.

Well see where I level off.

My secret is limited junk, less than 2000 calories a day and walking a mile 3 times a week. I need extra pain meds to walk that 20 minutes cause that's about my limit before pain gets too bad but I figure it's a fair trade off.

Have a full cardiac work up in a couple weeks so we will see if there is any improvement there. Not expecting much as all was normal with good stress test last time.

I still think of my self in my 30s even though I'm over 50 so I wanna live a couple more decades.

Never let them cut on your back until all other options are exausted. They never stop.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I got labs back today for my next endocrinologist visit. A1C when this started was 12.6 and todays results after eating better/fasting and minor row/bike workouts for 15 minutes each has resulted in a A1C of 5.6 today. Going to lose another 20 and then try and get off medicine if possible.
    Damn, I never had an A1c that high. I think high 8s was my worst. Mines been hovering around normal thanks to meds. No insulin yet so I'm hoping to dump some of those meds in a month or 2 as well.

Keep it up. Keep on top of the weight daily. It's easier to lose a lbs or two that it is to lose 20 or 30.

Top Bottom