• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Been losing about a pound a week since last May. Had the third back surgery last year. Don't get it surgery if there is any other choice. Sometimes though you just have to do it. I am doing okay after the third and live a pretty normal live.
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Been losing about a pound a week since last May. Had the third back surgery last year. Don't get it surgery if there is any other choice. Sometimes though you just have to do it. I am doing okay after the third and live a pretty normal live.
    I think I'm on 11 or 12. I lose count. That said the last 2, one fusion and one SI joint fusion, were the most successful of the bunch.

Still need pain meds, still extremely limited in activity but ballance it enough to keep the weight falling.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    1st four vertebrae and my tailbone are all fused together. Along with the left sacroiliac joint. Along with a bunch of metal in there.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    1st four vertebrae and my tailbone are all fused together. Along with the left sacroiliac joint. Along with a bunch of metal in there.
    Which procedure did the use for the left SI joint? That was my last surgery and really decreased alot of pain. They used the new procedure and it was the easiest ortho surgery I have had.

I'm fused from L2 down and both SI joints. My fusion at L2 and L3 isnt stable so I will have to address that at some point but the increased pain is tolerable as long as it doesn't effect my legs anymore. I was falling alot due to the nerves being impacted.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    4 or 5 screws put in from the side. Seemed pretty straight forward and recovery was hardly any. Stopped the recurring pain I have had for years.

Dr. Dryer at https://www.spine-ctsi.com/ is who I have been using for nearly 30 years when all this first began after an accident.

Only my first surgery took a long time to recover from. The other two I was up and walking shortly after waking up. Discharged in one day!

True Manufacturing

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Congratulations! It is a hard road, I know. After slacking off for almost a year, I started off on 10/23/2020 at 225 with a goal of 50 lb to take me down to 175. I will be 72 in a few weeks, so weight loss is not as easy as it used to be. Monday will make 90 days on the program and I am down exactly 30 lbs as of today. I have been using Keto and Intermittent Fasting with an 18/6 eating schedule but stretching it to a 20/4 and sometimes a full 24 hour fast. I use the CarbManager phone app to track everything.

My wife is giving me fits and complaining that I am acting like an old fool, but I had a massive heart attack a number of years back and I know I am looking at a shortened life span and I want to be around to see my twin grandbabies born and spend a few years with them.

Keep up the good work OP and the rest of you who posted.

Hell ya man keep it up

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Today, an out of town friend asked to see a before and today pic. So I asked a buddy to take one of me as I was leaving to come back to IAH. Feb 2020 and July 2021. 90 lbs down. Never going back! 340 vs 250.

Fat and not as fat.jpg

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dont want to toot my horn, phuck that bs.... toot too loudly, but I'm down to 218 lbs on my scale. At the end of November after surgery I was 238 lbs on my scale. 20 lbs inn 3 months. Nice slow steady weight loss.

I see the doc next month and hope I can get off some of my meds as well.

It's been a long journey thru lots of surgeries but I was 350 about 9 years ago.

I was 225 lbs back when I was still working but I was a big weight lifter so it looks a lot different 20 plus years later.

Well see where I level off.

My secret is limited junk, less than 2000 calories a day and walking a mile 3 times a week. I need extra pain meds to walk that 20 minutes cause that's about my limit before pain gets too bad but I figure it's a fair trade off.

Have a full cardiac work up in a couple weeks so we will see if there is any improvement there. Not expecting much as all was normal with good stress test last time.

I still think of my self in my 30s even though I'm over 50 so I wanna live a couple more decades.

Never let them cut on your back until all other options are exausted. They never stop.
    Toot toot.

I was 198 lbs on my scale. That's probably 7 to 10 pounds off the various dr office scales.

Everyone keep it up. The skinny crotchety old bastard look is in.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I'm down 45 lbs now, but have leveled off. Having some health issues that have kept me off my bike, but hope to get past that soon as I love riding my bike.

From 280 to 235.
    Same danged thing happened to me. Worked out to the point of my ankle and shoulders really causing issues. Try some super low impact stuff. I had to wear the dreaded boot for a while so was doing freaking chair aerobics. Keep moving, brother!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Tried to ride a bike 2 days ago.

Big Mistake!

Huge!

2 S-I joints and most of my L spine fused made that one of the most painful things I've done in a long time.

I'll stick to the moderate pain from walking. The ammount of percocet I'd need to ride a bike would probably get me arrested, lol. DUI!

Top Bottom