• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    That's a good place to have $500 to spend. First thing that comes to mind is they are an STI dealer. If I had $500 off, that would be a tempting place to start.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    STI Elektra.
    Ammo.
    Components. (Do they sell components?)
    Partial payment on one of those neat pistols they keep in the glass case next to the door.
    A Mosin and enough ammo to wear it out.

Lots of ways to go.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They've got a pretty broad supply of guns, so it's a great place to have a gift certificate!

If it was me, I'd be at the STI counter. (Again!)

Flashcb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Magnolia, TX
    STI is the way I am leaning. Don't know much about 1911's period. is the price difference between the Georgetown made ones and those that are machined in the Philippines, worth it? I know that is subjective but my Rock Island (which is my first 1911) seems fine to me.

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Trojan vs Spartan. Yes i would pony up for the Trojan.

Ditto that. The Spartan is a solid pistol for the money, but the Trojan is a really sweet shooter and worth the extra cash. With $500 off you'd be getting a really nice Texas made, hand fitted 1911 for around $700 that comes with a lifetime warranty. IMHO you can't get a better 1911 for the money even at full price. I own two Trojans (9mm & .45 ACP) and they are excellent. For a local shop Shooters Station generally has a pretty good inventory of STI pistols. Danny (the owner) is an STI fan and sold me my first a number of years ago and I haven't been able to kick the addiction. By way of introduction to the brand STI made their reputation building high end double stack 2011 competition pistols that are very highly regarded by top shooters. That same quality extends to their 1911s as well.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    STI is a maker of fine 1911 pistols and located in Georgetown, TX. They are awesome. Check me out if you have any interest in 1911s. They're production level 1911s that can easily compete against super nice semi-custom 1911s.

Top Bottom