• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    August 13th is rapidly approaching and with it I will be at the half century mark. I took stock about a month ago and while I own a gun for every year I've been alive, my modest goal is to have 50 different manufacturers by the 13th. I stand at 45, with my lastest addition of an auto ordnance in 10mm. (Ngoc, that's the one I was shooting last time that you thought was a magnum).

Looks like I will need to trade off a couple of duplicates to get some cash to finish the job or maybe trade straight across for an item that is on my need list. Current trade items would be a blued Kimber Custom 1-the one that was made in Clackamas, Oregon, not the current ones from NY. S&W 686 in 6 bbl and a Couple of Taurus pistols- the 586 wihich is a .357 S&W clone and a .380 model 58 which is a clone of the Beretta Cheetah.

I'm currently using a standard sized safe so storage is a big problem as I can not squeeze another long gun in there if I tried.

Thus, some of the low priced items on my list that are available only in long gun may have to wait.

Here's the want list (#3 was an auto ordnance)and no interest list:If you don't see it listed on the want list chances are good I already have something by the manufacturer.

Don’t have, some interest:
    1. Dan Wesson - Had a revolver, it was OK. The 1911's are supposed to rock.
    2. Benelli - Had one it was good. Long gun
    4. H&K
    5. Armscor-(rock Island pistols)
    6. Daewoo-Korean made 9mm.
    7. Charles Daily-They have a hipower and 1911 clone
    8. FN-Not the 5.7, they have some decent 9’s.
    10. Kahr Maybe a full size 9, i don’t like their little guns.
    11. Henry Long gun
    12. STI- Highest end .45 maker that I have an interest in.
    13. Weatherby Long gun
    14. Franchi-Long gun
    15. Charter Arms-Don’t really have an interest in a small frame revolver.
    16. Armalite Long gun
    17. Olympic-Already have 2 AR’s and they are lower end anyway. Long gun
    18. Savage-Except the 1907 .32 Long gun
    19. Stevens long gun

Don’t have, no interest:
    Single action revolvers any manufacturer
    Derringers
    Black powder
    FEG-Had 3 all were crap
    Llama-Had 2, both were crap

One thing about my guns is they will get shot. Jeff & Ngoc can tell you about the case I bring into Shiloh each time I shoot, so safe queens or collectibles are out.

Oh, did I also mention that I have a budget for this, so the STI and pricey HK's will probably be somewhere down the road. Maybe for my 60th birthday. I also have a 1.5 year old Grandson and I will be buying him his first gun before my 50th which I am selfishily going to count as an additional manufacturer. It will probably be a New England arms .22/ 20 gauge combo (switchable barrels).

Last for a little entertainment, to try to save some space I did not list the 45 different manu.'s, but I do OWN both a Lorcin and a Raven and I proudly count them on my list (at least until the parts start to fly off of them) These 2 are the exception to the rule of getting regularly shot as I need to wear a full face protection to keep the slide from ending up in my eye and Jeff and Ngoc are already giving my enough crap for the Skyy they unloaded on me. I have both guns on a round count and the Lorcin has eaten 200 rounds of 115 ball without failure (failure on these guns means the slide came off-NOT a stovepipe) while the Raven ate 2 boxes of standard .25 (I don't remember what gr. that is) before my hand said QUIT. I have extra large hands and on the Raven I get the middle finger and about a 1/3 of the ring finger on the grip. It's built more for Asians with little hands and spiked hair (hmm, who fits that descripton here?)

This is primarily a way for me top celebrate my upcoming b'day with fellow gun enthusiasts and is not meant to be classified ad, but if you moderator types think it belongs there, please move it.
    Hurley's Gold

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Duman, my B-Day is the 23rd ... I am going to try to plan something on the 24th at Shiloh. Haven't had the chance to call them yet to see what they have going on. We could squeeze in all the August birthdays.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    As of today the 24th is open for me. I think Jeff said all people who belong to TGT and shoot regular at Shiloh get a free gun (or maybe he said gun shooting session);).

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    that aint fair, I will turn 56 on the 19 and I dont have a gun for every year. are you tring to make me look bad???????:p I only have 30 or so.and I cant get that many more in a week. man I got to sulk for a while:eek:. well it is off to the range for me, got to get over the envy by killing some more paper. and happy birthday too.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    It sounds like we're going to have a good old fashioned birthday shootout! Does this mean we have an excuse for another BBQ? And in regards to the SKYY, I think the term " unloaded on me " is a little harsh. It could be a serviceable $300 backup. I also recall you having us special-order that gun with the rhinestone and pink grips. There are always 2 sides to every story. And I also recall you saying that you were buying for all shooter's on your birthday for a LOUD and PROUD 50th! I don't wanna have to role back the tape on you buddy...So, TGT birthday BBQ shooting extravaganza?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It sounds like we're going to have a good old fashioned birthday shootout! Does this mean we have an excuse for another BBQ? And in regards to the SKYY, I think the term " unloaded on me " is a little harsh. It could be a serviceable $300 backup. I also recall you having us special-order that gun with the rhinestone and pink grips. There are always 2 sides to every story. And I also recall you saying that you were buying for all shooter's on your birthday for a LOUD and PROUD 50th! I don't wanna have to role back the tape on you buddy...So, TGT birthday BBQ shooting extravaganza?

Yes indeed.

Let's make it the 24th.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    The Pink & Rhinestone Skyy may not be ready for the 24th as the slide release lever snapped off during normal cleaning and I'm waiting on parts to get it back up and running. However I will bring the Lorcin out for all the mall ninjas. I'm thinking about getting the frame grooved for raill accesories such as 12 candlepower lights and a cool purple laser.

Jeff, as long as you still accept the monopoly money, I've got the range fees covered.

Kidding aside, I will be there with a few pounds of venison jerky and dove roll ups. Roll ups consisting of bacon wrapped around a dove breast, wrapped around a jalapeno! Good eats!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Looks like I will need to trade off a couple of duplicates to get some cash to finish the job or maybe trade straight across for an item that is on my need list. Current trade items would be a blued Kimber Custom 1-the one that was made in Clackamas, Oregon, not the current ones from NY.

I'm not sure I understand this part but it sounds like you have these and want to trade or sell them off?

BTW, Clackamas Kimber's were made in Yonkers at the same facility as the rest. It was just before Kimber was a New York corporation so they had to use the Clackamas roll mark.

If I'm understanding this right and you still want to sell or trade the Clack, (I assume it's a Classic Custom?), if you have pictures and details let me know. I'm not sure I have anything you'd want in trade but we'll see.

Top Bottom