• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Thing is, since I don't know the business receipts of most businesses I enter, if it serves alcohol and is posted 51%, I'm gonna figger they're tellin' the truth until I KNOW different. The jails are populated with folks that didn't THINK what they were doin' was illegal.

You don't have to know their receipts. The liquor license will tell you definitively. No need to guess.

And besides, what is it you're going to do with your "concealed" handgun that will get you arrested?
    DK Firearms

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    You KNOW Jared's doesn't serve alcohol. If they did, until I was SURE they had posted it in error, I'd damned well not enter it armed. You are, of course, free to do whatever you wish.

Feel better now, Classy?

I know this has probably been asked before but I am still confused what exactly is a 51% sign?? Many eating places here in Longview have signs posted with wording such as....."The unlicensen carry" bla....bla...bla. Well I have a valid TX CHL so can I carry. These are hamburger and mexican foods joints that only sell beer to drink with your meal.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You don't have to know their receipts. The liquor license will tell you definitively. No need to guess.

And besides, what is it you're going to do with your "concealed" handgun that will get you arrested?

You enter the bar....you see the license confirming they're a 51% establishment. For WHATEVER reason, you are noted to be armed by an LEO. Go ahead and defend yourself in court. I can see why you offer discounts....

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I know this has probably been asked before but I am still confused what exactly is a 51% sign?? Many eating places here in Longview have signs posted with wording such as....."The unlicensen carry" bla....bla...bla. Well I have a valid TX CHL so can I carry. These are hamburger and mexican foods joints that only sell beer to drink with your meal.

If a place makes most of its money from liquor sales they are supposed to put this sign by the entrance so we know it is a 46.035 location:

51percent.jpg

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    You enter the bar....you see the license confirming they're a 51% establishment. For WHATEVER reason, you are noted to be armed by an LEO. Go ahead and defend yourself in court. I can see why you offer discounts....

Great! Wasn't it you who threw out the term "classy"" I'll return the favor noting that you're now resorting to personal attacks. Classy!!!

It is what it is. You can play Chicken Little if you like. I don't carry in bars, nor do I encourage people to carry in bars. An establishment that is not a legitimate 51% establishment is not off limits, irrespective of signage. If you want to be extra careful and not carry whenever someone puts up a bogus sign, that's your business. I choose not to disarm myself on the whim of every ignorant business owner.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Why argue the 51% sign. Its clear as day when they post those. If the place isnt actually 51% it still means they dont want the gun carriers in there. Valid or not, your still going to catch hell from the cops if you get cought carrying in a place with that sign. I can tell yall from personal experiance that there are some cops that dont have a freekin clue about gun laws. That means your going to get a free ride and there going to get your gun!
    If a place has a 51% sign, why not just tell them your taking your business somewhere else? I dont carry guns in resturants, but I damn sure make them understand im not eating there if I dont like there rules.
    This weekend my brother went to the range with me and after we were done he wanted to go the the Cracker Barrel to eat. I laughed and said sure! When we got there I explained to the greeter girl we aint eating there because the Cracker Barrel is on Obama "Union" health care exemption list! I told my brother were going to Clear Springs!
    You have to make your opinion heard and dont hold nothin back!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Why argue the 51% sign. Its clear as day when they post those. If the place isnt actually 51% it still means they dont want the gun carriers in there.

I disagree. MANY TABC licensed places order a "sign package" and just put them ALL up, without regard for the proper signage. An irrespective of that, if they want to exclude guns then unless they are actually 51% they have to post a 30.06 sign to legally restrict folks with CHLs from carrying a handgun inside.

Valid or not, your still going to catch hell from the cops if you get cought carrying in a place with that sign. I can tell yall from personal experiance that there are some cops that dont have a freekin clue about gun laws.
    The sign is not what restricts you. This old, tired argument that some cop might not know the law is meaningless. Gee, what if they post a "ghostbusters" type no gun sign? It means they don't want gun carriers in there. DO you disarm for those?
    That means your going to get a free ride and there going to get your gun!
    BS
    If a place has a 51% sign, why not just tell them your taking your business somewhere else?
    Uhhh, because it is THE LAW that a 51% place posts.
    I dont carry guns in resturants, but I damn sure make them understand im not eating there if I dont like there rules.
    Good for you, but that is not what the LAW requires
    This weekend my brother went to the range with me and after we were done he wanted to go the the Cracker Barrel to eat. I laughed and said sure! When we got there I explained to the greeter girl we aint eating there because the Cracker Barrel is on Obama "Union" health care exemption list! I told my brother were going to Clear Springs!
    You have to make your opinion heard and dont hold nothin back!

Whatever. Good Grief

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    If a place makes most of its money from liquor sales they are supposed to put this sign by the entrance so we know it is a 46.035 location:

51percent.jpg

That is not the sign I am seeing. Has no 51% is not red and wording is different. Something like the the possession of a handgun by an unlicensened etc etc. I'll get exact wording or picture later this weekend.

Red78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    Seems to me that if they don't want people carrying inside their establishment, couldn't they just post a 30.06 sign and be done with it?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    That is not the sign I am seeing. Has no 51% is not red and wording is different. Something like the the possession of a handgun by an unlicensened etc etc. I'll get exact wording or picture later this weekend.

You asked about the 51 sign; that's it. The "possession of a handgun by an unlicensed..." is posted on all TABC regulated establishments and signifies that carrying handguns, illegal knives, and clubs there is a felony. Since you are not unlicensed these signs have no effect on you.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    You asked about the 51 sign; that's it. The "possession of a handgun by an unlicensed..." is posted on all TABC regulated establishments and signifies that carrying handguns, illegal knives, and clubs there is a felony. Since you are not unlicensed these signs have no effect on you.

Bithabus.........thanks for clearing this up for me! Your answer is what I had thought all along but wasn't sure. Thanks again!!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Bithabus.........thanks for clearing this up for me! Your answer is what I had thought all along but wasn't sure. Thanks again!!

Actually the sign says licensed or unlicensed. I run a bar and the only people allowed by law to carry are the owner and employees of the bar and LEOs.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    It's actually pretty simple. A Bar, no carry. A school, no carry. Federal building, no carry.

Everywhere else I carry, sign or no sign.

What part of Concealed does one not understand?

Top Bottom