• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Man... benadryl has an adverse effect on my kids. It makes them crazy... the wife and I are at their mercy. If i'm shooting guns, 2 things are going on at my house. 1 Kids sleeping or 2 kids taking a bath.

I would say come on out and shoot... but your dang near 8hrs away. Hey... there is a long range club that holds prs matches there in Navasota. That's a stones throw away from ya. Didn't know if you were aware of that.

I was talking about the PINK benadryl... it knocks me on my azz.

Thank you for the invite!
    I just may take you up on that offer. I have made the drives to do so stupid stuff over the years...lol. I have drove 18hrs to Jacksonville Florida just to fish a tournament for fun... no prize $$$ involved.
    I do have a business trip planned up towards your way in a few months... you just might get a message from me one day saying i'm on my way.
    ARJ Defense ad

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    No offense taken. That's exactly the point I was trying to humorously make to TheDan.

When the 6CM came out, I looked hard because a 6mm is in my future. Ultimately I decided that I'd just get a 6mmBR to go along with the 6.5mmBR I already have. I've never really been intrigued by the concept of pushing big bullets really fast to reach out for long distances. Smaller, efficient cartridges are what intrigue me.

Of course, I suppose if I wanted to do the work with that .340Wby of mine, it could accomplish the whole "big bullets at high speed for long range" task fairly well. It's a lightweight hunter but has been pretty accurate so far.

Forgive me. With advanced age, the mind wanders. :)
    The weather at the last reunion was untimely. Orbitup brought a 6 BR rifle out. I'm sure he would have let you shoot it. He, me, and Dawico shot it with mostly overlapping holes.
    Been kinda lurking at the "list" at theshootercorner.com.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Orbitup brought a 6 BR rifle out. I'm sure he would have let you shoot it.
    That would have been fun but pretty pointless. You know me well enough to know that when I say my next two custom bolt guns will be in 7.62x39 and 6mmBR, they're going to be pistols. :)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That would have been fun but pretty pointless. You know me well enough to know that when I say my next two custom bolt guns will be in 7.62x39 and 6mmBR, they're going to be pistols. :)
    Damn. Silly me. The 6BR round is kinda cool for the reloaders. about a zillion different kind of ways to do it. I got dibs on a couple of shots when you get a new pistol.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was talking about the PINK benadryl... it knocks me on my azz.

Thank you for the invite!
    I just may take you up on that offer. I have made the drives to do so stupid stuff over the years...lol. I have drove 18hrs to Jacksonville Florida just to fish a tournament for fun... no prize $$$ involved.
    I do have a business trip planned up towards your way in a few months... you just might get a message from me one day saying i'm on my way.

Bring it on... :banana:

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    6.5mm sounds like some communist or fruitcake eurotrash round. I only shoot calibers in the measurement system that went to the moon.

That's why I have built four .264 Creedmoor's in the last eight years,and I'm waiting for my new action to arrive so I can build my new 22 Creedmoor.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I got dibs on a couple of shots when you get a new pistol.
    Of course. Heck, nothing would make me happier than if it got shot by other folks more than me.

I think I'll do the 7.62x39 first. I already have a spare XP action, a Shilen chambered/pre-fit barrel, an aluminum benchrest stock, scope base, decent scope, and a crappy 1-ounce Canjar trigger that I hate but it's in the parts bin so I might as well put it to use. I just need some rings, a properly-sized front bag for my rifle rest, and a 'smith to put it together. I already have a line on a good 'smith who has yet to be discovered by some magazine writer so his prices and wait times aren't ridiculous.

I'm willing to tolerate the middling quality pistol scope I have (an old S&W) and that creepy Canjar trigger because I envision this as a completely non-serious, bench-based plinker. I intend to feed it cheap ammo and see how consistently I can ring steel at 300 yards. Somehow that just never gets old. :)

I need a color scheme, though. I'm thinking either:
    • red, white, and blue, or
    • fluorescent zombie green for the barrelled action, fluorescent yellow for the stock, and a bright plum for the bolt, base, and rings.
    What do you think?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    lol yep... There's a handful of options that would fit the bill. The nice thing about .243 is that you can pick up ammo for it at any Walmart. I don't know if that's the case for any of the CM cartridges, but I am taking notice of 6.5's growing popularity.
    Walmart carries 6.5 CM ammo. Have had it a year or two already.

Just throwing that out there.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I noticed the local WM didn't carry 264 CM made by Hornady. I asked and a knowledgeable clerk said he has asked repeatedly for it and the only thing he could find out is Hornady wouldn't cut the price like they wanted. No Hornady of any caliber on the shelf. Hmmm

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I noticed the local WM didn't carry 264 CM made by Hornady. I asked and a knowledgeable clerk said he has asked repeatedly for it and the only thing he could find out is Hornady wouldn't cut the price like they wanted. No Hornady of any caliber on the shelf. Hmmm

Not surprising. Walmart kind of beats companies up on prices to get on their shelves. Many are are no longer playing along, while new companies are being created just to get in.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I reload for my 6.5 Creedmoor rifles. My average cost is around $5 per box of 20. That is using Hornady ELD bullets and Hornady brass.
    If I need factory ammo, I search the internet for a vendor that has a good price and hopefully free shipping.

When I joined the 9mm crowd, I began searching for attractively priced 9mm ammo. It took a couple of months, but I now have 8 cases on hand. My average price per box works out to be about $8.50.
    The time involved with loading 9mm doesn't make sense to me when you can find cheap 9mm ammo on-line.

I am a fan of the 6.5 Creedmoor round. I do not have access to long distances ranges, but I do get a great deal of pleasure in achieving one hole five shot groups at the 100 yard ranges where I shoot. It is very satisfying knowing the ammo making those small diameter holes (1/2" or less groups) was made by me in my garage.

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    I went back and fourth on getting one but it made sense to me because of the cost of the factory ammo vs some of the other calibers I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom